When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Sinn T1..."Issue"

Guest REPPIN

Which Strap for T1  

1. 1. What Strap should I choose

• Gen Strap with Titanium Buckle - $480.00
    • Isofrane 22mm Strap - $150.00
    • Buy Rep watch, use that strap and have an Extra Watch - $275.00

What up guys. 

So I have a genuine Sinn T1 that ive always worn on the titanium bracelet. I want to get a rubber strap for it but Im up in the air on what to do. Mostly because the gen rubber strap is crazy expensive. 

So, Ive narrowed it down to three choices. 

Given the vast array of prices...what would you do?

1. Buy the 22mm Genuine strap with Titanium clasp from Sinn - $480.00

Sinn-T2-Titanium-Diver-3.thumb.jpg.fe948

fancybox_b212_sinn_t1_c.thumb.jpg.b744f7

M123B-Sinn5.thumb.jpg.64a48e8ea0353d387d

OR

2. Buy a Genuine 22mm Isofrane to put on it - $150.00

IMG_1570_zps89077399.thumb.jpg.15a594e9a

IMG_1552_zps59fa23f4.thumb.jpg.85b3dd68c

OR

3. Buy a replica U2 or U1 with 22mm Lugs and use that strap, plus I have another watch to wear too. - $275.00

1dOjk.thumb.jpg.9d6f5da968f189c240724857

Edited by REPPIN

How close is the rep strap and clasp to the genuine? How about a gen clasp and the isofane or similar rubber strap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ive never handled a rep Sinn strap before, ive seen a few reviews that said it was pretty damn good and the rep is also pretty close. But I just dont know if I want a rep strap on my $3400 gen...But seriously another $480 for a strap and clasp is stressing me out...so I dont know WTF to do! 

How about: buy the rep and wear that on rubber, leaving your gen on its bracelet. Best of both worlds. If you then decide that you must have your gen on rubber you can sell the rep to help fund the gen strap. 

I just went over to WatchUSeek to the sales corner, stars and bracelets, over the past couple of months there have been quite a few rubber straps as well as clasps sold, so that along with other gen forums is a possibility. Some of the ones that were for sale were new, some were used. Just a thought !

I just went over to WatchUSeek to the sales corner, stars and bracelets, over the past couple of months there have been quite a few rubber straps as well as clasps sold, so that along with other gen forums is a possibility. Some of the ones that were for sale were new, some were used. Just a thought !

I actually already considered this, but I dont want to wait forever. 

The issue being, that you have to cut those sinn straps to length, so unless I find another person that has exactly a 7.75 inch wrist, selling one...then not much luck there. 

Now if they are new, thats not the case...Ill keep my ear to the ground though. 

I have a UX. The gen Sinn rubber is excellent. NO way would I put a rep strap on a gen watch. If the Ti buckled version is too expensive, just do the standard or tegimented version. The teg looks very close to ti color wise. The standard not much off. They do show up on other sites occasionally. Sometimes cut, sometimes not.

The Isofrane is a great strap as well. The Sinn rubber is fitted so it looks better IMO. Deep Blue makes a strap that is top quality and is similar to the Isofrane. Good option as well. I have one, and bang for the buck, a great rubber strap. Very vanilla smelling too.