When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JF AP owners!! Discuss the maker!

irolexu

Hello, I'm new to this forum but I have been a follower of the others for a few years, and an AP fan for much longer than that, form my experience with the new 15400 from JF I can tell you the finish is incredible, the only flaw I can see is the rotor on some of the batches have a glossy finish that should be sanded but you can see it in your QC pictures, and it's a little noisy when spins, should be an easy fix, aside from that you would not be disappointed it's beautiful overall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f642535371017dc41a1b941b751aed41.jpgf00ed89638305bf02c1e2ccc5eca6548.jpg

Sorry here come the pictures (they are from another member ) same watch same maker the second one is the correct finish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The JF AP ROOs are generally well made, and in several aspects, superior to the noob ones. I do like the datewheel on the Noob, and prefer the Noob for specific models, but overall, you would not go wrong choosing a JF release.

The A3120 movement decoration is just a decoration, and the base movement, and its inherent issues, are unchanged. Pics wise, there are many to be found, especially over at RWI. :)

I have a JF AP Diver, and a 15400, both are of very high quality, and the movement in the 15400 is actually quite reliable too.

I agree in general, that JF has got the better finishing for their watches in general. Actually, the only thing I dislike for JF ROOs are the date font. 

But having said that, the V7 I-series diver reps have gotten the date font correct vs gen. :)

So whats there not to like afterall? The V7 iteration is a beautiful, well finished AND accurate rep. ;)

I have conducted some fairly extensive research on the TF and JF 15400's. In my estimation, the JF is off in three significant areas:

1. the case thickness being 1mm over gen

2. the date font being wholly incorrect.

3. the tapisserie cubes being too small.

These three 'face' factors let me to select the TF 15400 over the JF 15400.

My white dial TF should arrive next week.

• Like 1