When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Rep build - 1016 content

daovto

I was introduced to this forum after hunting down the best possible explorer case for a homage project. But I quickly became stuck between a rock and a hard place as I couldn't find an economical dial printer to have my custom dial produced.

So having contacting JMB here I ended up going rep on the dial and having the superb JMB v2 1016 case as the heart of this build.

The rest of the build list is pretty balanced for cost/availability/quality.

It went together very nicely - no dramas!

So here is the full spec:

JMB v2 1016 case (not aged, but engraved)

Gen spec spring bars

Acrylic crystal

Yuki 1016 dial

Yuki hands

ST2130 movement

Currently on Choicecuts Horween leather

Pics:

9f11796d1692699ed7dd736117e78f2f.jpg98edc07b08fe1276ed2c82df1154a4e9.jpgc766588ab5842800c926af96e6b15998.jpg6b9ff53b01e44de32e7fe26601ceed66.jpg

• Like 2

Excellent combo of parts! Such a great build.

Wear it in good health... From BSHT to BEHT? :clap2:

Cheers brother :)

Turned out great!  

Just got in another batch of "raw" cases and maybe will start machining and prepping them next week...

Cheers J... It was such a nice build to put together and looks and feels great on the wrist. Keep doing your amazing work with these cases.

Very nice build. Looks beautiful.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Looks great Woz! I'm pleased the case worked out for you. Not that I had any doubts.

Where did you get the spring bars? Did the come with the rounded and polished tips, or was that your handy work?

Cheers JZ and thanks for the pointers when I was planning my project. The spring bars I got from Justin as an extra with the case. They are fat phat and fabulous... and an essential detail for me ! So far no funky business from me on this project although I might take issue with the dial and hands to age and better match them ;-) and although it seems a shame I will probably abuse the case a little too !!

^ hey no worries... I used a Seagull. ST2130 which is a 2824-2 clone. So Yuki's ETA hands fitted without any adjustment.

I sourced this one from eBay for convenience but Cousins UK has them and I'm sure there are many sources worldwide. Price I can't recall - I think about a third of the price of cheapest ETA that I could find (new).

• Like 1

^ hey no worries... I used a Seagull. ST2130 which is a 2824-2 clone. So Yuki's ETA hands fitted without any adjustment.

I sourced this one from eBay for convenience but Cousins UK has them and I'm sure there are many sources worldwide. Price I can't recall - I think about a third of the price of cheapest ETA that I could find (new).

Cool! Thank you! That helps a lot.

Guest uomo1001

I was introduced to this forum after hunting down the best possible explorer case for a homage project. But I quickly became stuck between a rock and a hard place as I couldn't find an economical dial printer to have my custom dial produced.

So having contacting JMB here I ended up going rep on the dial and having the superb JMB v2 1016 case as the heart of this build.

The rest of the build list is pretty balanced for cost/availability/quality.

It went together very nicely - no dramas!

So here is the full spec:

JMB v2 1016 case (not aged, but engraved)

Gen spec spring bars

Acrylic crystal

Yuki 1016 dial

Yuki hands

ST2130 movement

Currently on Choicecuts Horween leather

Pics:

9f11796d1692699ed7dd736117e78f2f.jpg98edc07b08fe1276ed2c82df1154a4e9.jpgc766588ab5842800c926af96e6b15998.jpg6b9ff53b01e44de32e7fe26601ceed66.jpg

Where can I find spring bars how your