When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Fake

DavidB272

• 2 weeks later...

Mike. The newest movement they have is great. But it is made by seiko dresses up to be a tag. When the owner of tag was called out on it he had to come clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also they make ok beater watches for divers. They use Swiss ETA Quartz.

I would never trash Seiko, Citizen, or any watch company.  They all have great movements.  My point was, they spent all this advertising how they built this new movement from the base up and spent all this money and said it was an in house movement turning out to be a movement made by Seiko dressed up by Tag.  I am not a fan.  You know me Mike.  A sports Rolex all day long.  Love them.  In fact I think someone broke in last night and stole your GMT!!!!! LOL.  Kidding.  By the way everyone, Mike has a GMT to die for.  

AH! no idea they played that game if they came clean said they were using a Seiko spring drive I'd consider buying. Keep in mind guys it's either in house Swiss ,German , Seiko or other Asian quality movements in the future w/ ETA cutting off parts .

LOL  I know your packing no body getting out maybe in but not out!

I may just put that  GMT in raffle one day so I can sell out in 24 hours, on second thought no way. ;)

Mike. I will buy that. No raffle. I will give you the other two watches that are coming the Ap and the Pam. Someone told me the AP is worth almost 700. That was a catch and a half. But I will give you cash on top. You can put them in an raffle. PLEASE. Don't raffle this one.

"Why we have fake Tags is beyond me...by and large they're [censored] and cheap money."

That hurts.    :huh:   From Laughing.     I am deeply offended...about 200M/660feet deep.

Some of my favorite watches are Tag Heuer.  I am wearing one right now.  Just now put it on.

"They also they make ok beater watches for divers. They use Swiss ETA Quartz."

This is the kind of T-H I like...low profile, reliable, waterproof, and cheap, like a Miami hooker.   :pimp:     Never could see paying $150 for a fake quartz T-H when a genuine can be had for about the same $$.

Not meaning to sound harsh - sorry haha

Just they spent too many years capitalizing on the Heuer name and making generic watches that housed a cheap ETA movement or Quartz, and sold them for a ridiculous profit. Then, when they actually had their moment to shine like others mentioned, they created an "in-house caliber" that was widely debunked as basically a semi-modded Seiko... No offense to Seiko's... I lust after Grand Seiko quality... but I kind of tend to think T-H is a joke of a company. 

Edited by 508-Fanatic

AH! no idea they played that game if they came clean said they were using a Seiko spring drive I'd consider buying. Keep in mind guys it's either in house Swiss ,German , Seiko or other Asian quality movements in the future w/ ETA cutting off parts .

LOL  I know your packing no body getting out maybe in but not out!

I may just put that  GMT in raffle one day so I can sell out in 24 hours, on second thought no way. ;)

Lol what is this gmt we are talking about didnt know you had a gmt i suspect a rolex gmt ? 

Show some pics M :) 

"Keep in mind guys it's either in house Swiss ,German, Seiko or other Asian quality movements in the future w/ ETA cutting off parts."

TAG Heuer is making a brand change in their quartz movements, looks like they are going with Harley Ronda in place of Eta.

http://us.tagheuer.com/en/quartz-movement

Wearing a steel case/plastic bezel/rubber strap T/H Formula. It is from the late 1980s and has a pale yellow 'full glow' dial and plastic bezel. Added a sapphire crystal and now have a bit over $100 tied up in it.   Big Money.   :pimp:

Watch with (too short) original jubilee style bracelet...$72.  Bezel...$5.  Crystal...$18.  Strap with fake signed deployant clasp...$8.  Batt/gaskets...$2    Bezel from a doa $5 'Majestron' dive style watch. Genuine bezels are $100+. Absurd.  Clasp from a doa flea mkt fake.

Don't wear it outside much. Afraid a 12 year old kid might snatch it.

• Like 1

I still wear my Cal 1887 Carrera with the "Seiko" movement regularly and it is a fantastic watch. Hard to find a nicer pusher action in a mechanical Chronograph, let alone one in the sub $5000 price range. If you have never handled one I recommend it, I think anyone would be quite pleasantly surprised. It is a very clean chronograph design and the 41mm model is the perfect size for me. While the movement was developed by Seiko (a good thing where I stand) TAG Heuer purchased the rights to it and it is currently manufactured by TAG Heuer for use exclusively in their Carrera watches. 

watches_69.thumb.jpg.3f23e457ea8de71d735watches_42.thumb.jpg.af70ddd9a888f20fdfc

• Like 1

I own 4 Tags and love all of them!  Folks poke at Tag for calling a 7750 Tag Calibre 16 and other Tag movements with ETA calibre when the reality is a lot of other high end watch companies do the same thing (Breitling, Omega etc).  Why pick on Tag?  This one is actually one of my favorite watches:

20151206_081026-1_thumb_jpg_c5bb3e0c596c68d1915e374d35df58f6.jpg

P1140225.jpg

Edited by seafoam

I love that Carrera Seafoam, 38mm case? IMHO TAG Heuer's Carrera line is just about as timeless as a watch line gets these days, even if there are about 10 too many models available. 

Overall, as a brand, TAG Heuer could probably do without Formula 1 and Link; they already discontinued the Grand Carrera. The only reason for the Formula 1 line is to get customers in the door but man does it devalue the brand overall. All of this, of course, is in my opinion only. 

• Like 1