When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noobs Not Welcome. Noobs Go Home.

Guest paintinc56

Guest paintinc56

NOOBS NOT WELCOME. NOOBS GO HOME.

That SHOULD be the Main Page at EVERY replica forum -- including RWG.

I was going to purchase a VIP membership on RWG (just as I made the mistake of doing so on another replica forum) beause I naively believed that these replica forums were a great way for replica watch enthusiats to learn and share information with one another.

There is a pervasive attitude common to ALL of the replica watch forums that "noobs" MUST "pay their dues" and are NOT welcome to participate in the discussions, or the sacrosanct forums, "reserved" for the grand-wizards of horology.

In fact, ALL of these replica forums are DOMINATED by a very small, very elite, self-appointed, self-acclaimed, cadre of smug, arrorgant, rude, and intollerant know-it-alls who do not want or feel the need for other less knowledgeable people to infest their very private little world. Frankly, you #$%holes are welcome to keep your little closed-circle to yourselves as far as I'm concerned.

That's fine by me. I'll save my money for a better cause.

NOOBS NOT WELCOME. NOOBS GO HOME.

That SHOULD be the Main Page at EVERY replica forum -- including RWG.

I was going to purchase a VIP membership on RWG (just as I made the mistake of doing so on another replica forum) beause I naively believed that these replica forums were a great way for replica watch enthusiats to learn and share information with one another.

There is a pervasive attitude common to ALL of the replica watch forums that "noobs" MUST "pay their dues" and are NOT welcome to participate in the discussions, or the sacrosanct forums, "reserved" for the grand-wizards of horology.

In fact, ALL of these replica forums are DOMINATED by a very small, very elite, self-appointed, self-acclaimed, cadre of smug, arrorgant, rude, and intollerant know-it-alls who do not want or feel the need for other less knowledgeable people to infest their very private little world. Frankly, you #$%holes are welcome to keep your little closed-circle to yourselves as far as I'm concerned.

That's fine by me. I'll save my money for a better cause.

....so what? :yawn:

Yes please do everyone a favor and do as you said...

Go away, far, far away...I think the other kids in the sandbox are calling your name... and please save your money for your medicine...you really need it.

I put the Hex of the Black Chicken on you, all us "Grand Wizards" have that power...good luck with life, your gonna need it...

Guest chronomat123

He does raise some valid points. And a few of the guys that have been here a while do think they're untouchable hot [censored]. You can choose to ignore them, though. If you do, you'll probably find your experience here much more amenable.

However, most (very many) of them are down-to-earth and quick to help. That's why I stayed here. And I do my best to contribute back to the community.

@ orig poster: If you're really trying to foster change, you should definitely be a bit more conciliatory and pacifist, especially around here. EDIT: Also, read the post below mine.

Listen. If you are not really on a rant, but really truly interested in joining the Forums read on.

I can uderstand the frustration. As a matter of fact after a year and 25+ reps under my belt, I am not sure if I am a noob still or not, but who cares. There are some people that are too quick to lash out, but don't be turned off. Just deal with it.

Slowly you will gain knowlege and be able to participate in a healthy way. I too posted my first post ever "Where can I get a really nice rolex sub?". And yes, it did bring on the pain. But, I understand both sides of the coin now.

You need to understand that to a certain extent the people here like me visit these sites nearly every day and spend a lot of time researching, taking pics, and asking/answering questions. They don't want to throw out blanket answers as there aren't any solid ones, just opinions. So my advice.

1. Don't post for 30 days

2. Read the forums for 30 days.

3. Start posting in the beginers sections "New around here"

4. Spend another 30 days posting there, while continuing to read posts.

5. Then after 60 days, before posting your question/comment do a search for it. Read the results and if it still makes sense, post and wait.

You need to ease into the group. It's almost like learning to ski and walking up to someone on the slopes your first day and asking "what are the best skis?" You need to realize there are no solid answers just opinions.

If the above steps sound crazy or too much work, that is fine and it isn't for everyone. Simply visit the dealer section buy your watch and leave. No biggie.

This is my 2 cents. I almost feel like I need to make a Permanent Topic entitled "Answer to Where to Buy the Best Rep" and have it something like this post but with some quick and dirty links for people that want to hit and run.

We need to keep in mind the hit and run posters are valuable as they creat business for the good dealers which encourages them to continue to offer us good product.

Listen. If you are not really on a rant, but really truly interested in joining the Forums read on.

I can uderstand the frustration. As a matter of fact after a year and 25+ reps under my belt, I am not sure if I am a noob still or not, but who cares. There are some people that are too quick to lash out, but don't be turned off. Just deal with it.

Slowly you will gain knowlege and be able to participate in a healthy way. I too posted my first post ever "Where can I get a really nice rolex sub?". And yes, it did bring on the pain. But, I understand both sides of the coin now.

You need to understand that to a certain extent the people here like me visit these sites nearly every day and spend a lot of time researching, taking pics, and asking/answering questions. They don't want to throw out blanket answers as there aren't any solid ones, just opinions. So my advice.

5. Then after 60 days, before posting your question/comment do a search for it. Read the results and if it still makes sense, post and wait.

You need to ease into the group. It's almost like learning to ski and walking up to someone on the slopes your first day and asking "what are the best skis?" You need to realize there are no solid answers just opinions.

If the above steps sound crazy or too much work, that is fine and it isn't for everyone. Simply visit the dealer section buy your watch and leave. No biggie.

This is my 2 cents. I almost feel like I need to make a Permanent Topic entitled "Answer to Where to Buy the Best Rep" and have it something like this post but with some quick and dirty links for people that want to hit and run.

We need to keep in mind the hit and run posters are valuable as they creat business for the good dealers which encourages them to continue to offer us good product.

Thats true my friend.Good advice!

Yes please do everyone a favor and do as you said...

Go away, far, far away...I think the other kids in the sandbox are calling your name... and please save your money for your medicine...you really need it.

I put the Hex of the Black Chicken on you, all us "Grand Wizards" have that power...good luck with life, your gonna need it...

nine posts and pretty much every one was written in a demanding and antagonistic tone...

looks like The Zigmeister is an ace at diagnosing more than just movements that need work :whistling:

Geez.. so what if a few people here and there come off like pussy ass know it alls and forgot they were once snot nosed little needle dicks! You can't expect everybody to be nice to you? That's life!!! Somebody smacks you.. smack back. :bangin:

I was a noob once, and I am not a grand wizard of horology or the kkk or anything for that matter, but I do know this. Life has taught me that I don't like to feel or look stupid, so when I came to the first RWG, I looked around, I read ( I mean more than I have in the last 10 years), and I soaked everything in. I saw people getting flamed (sort of) for the same old fu**ing noob questions over and over. Truly, this is a resource, and those providing the resource, largely for free, are not obligated to take you from K through 12, so that you can graduate into a contributor around here. If you ask a noob question, and are told to do a little reading and research, then fu**ing do it. If you want to be a member here and receive the benefits of membership, put forth a little effort, and educate yourself, as it is not the duty, responsibility, or wish of our community to keep answering the same stupid questions. I had the same stupid questions festering on my lips when I joined, but I took some time and READ and used the SEARCH function (it works like that there google), and I READ somemore.

MAYBE, and follow me here, cuz this is a far out suggestion, we should have two levels of paid membership contribution, one for people that are willing to read and search for themselves before bogging down the community with the same tired questions, and then another called the "lazy, burdensome, dumbass" membership that costs something like 3 or 4 times as much as the normal paid membership that gives limitless stupid question amnesty.

People like the guy that started this thread, like to [censored] and moan because they are told to do their homework, or get their wrists slapped while participating in a discussion, for which they don't have the chops, and quite frankly, the rest of the thousands of us that cherish this resource don't care to have self important whiners in or midst. Is that harsh? Yes. But I have never minded being harsh in the face of trouble makers that make their troble because of a deficit in common sense. Get over yourself, spew your vomit and lick your wounds elsewhere, or participate quietly, humbly, and respectfully, because in an established community like this, guess what....YOU ARE A NOOB. SHOW SOME RESPECT. It reminds me of the situation where a young lion tries to surplant an older established male for the leadership of the pride, and then, surprised and indignant for having had his ass handed to him, he lopes off to lick his wounds. This situation is similar, except in nature, you don't get all this grandstanding and whining. THEY JUST LEAVE.

Why don't you try getting back to nature?

-B

It always hurts when you don't get picked for the team......damages you for life.....you always feel on the periphery of everything....excluded and misunderstood.....why not go buy a Calico 100....and show everyone.....!

BTW......I meant to say...paintinc has been around on TRC for a long time.....so Star could be right.....hijacked name......either that or his burd dumped him....!

Edited by TTK

This is extremely well said. Who has not been a noob? I have made my mistakes - yep - i asked the dreaded "who has the best ...." and got burnt a little. But if you are really interested in learning about watches and all the details around the movements, mods, history, etc - there is no better place - and no better people to ask.

Just don't ask the questions someone else has asked before. As long as you keep that in mind - then ask away. And even if you ask a question that HAS been asked before - just make sure it is a smart one. Not everyone knows the lingo and abbreviations, but this board is much more interested in helping than flaming - as long as they know you are as serious as they are.

That's it.