When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM224 with ETA7753 movement implant

Legend

I've always liked the Panerai Daylight series. I do own the genuine 356 dirty dial, but ironically, it hardly sees the light of day. And I think that the replicas are meticulously reproduced. Yes the inevitable minor inaccuracies exist, like specks of dirt on an immaculately white wall, but they do not annoy the viewer unless scrutinized closely. So yes, the replica Daylight series are firmly ensconced in my favorite list of replicas. One minor detail does bother me for the replica A7753 movement: as many of you may know, the subdial hand at 3 is perpetually a little loose, and would pivot just a little on either side when the watch is tilted or moved in the corresponding direction, due to the construction of the A7753 movement. To some of us, this supposedly subtle flaw might as well be as egregious as the subdial hand being painted a lurid pink. It is a sublime irritation that creeps up your spine each time you spot it, and you could even imagine the snicker that goes with each little movement of the subdial hand at 3. This has stopped me from procuring any Daylight A7753 replica. 

Until recently.

The H factory has released their next iteration of the Firenze series, and I found love at first sight when I chanced upon pictures of the PAM224 Firenze, a limited blue dial Daylight edition, of which only 100 units are produced. It is not perfect, but damn, it is beautiful, and you know how they like to say beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. I am happy to the beholder of the beauty in this case. Let me say upfront that the replica details are veritably good. No, not perfect, but good enough to be worn even for demanding collectors. But guess what, the curse of the subdial hand is back to haunt, like a ghost that relentlessly refuses to depart. I have decided this time, to buy the watch, and exorcise it from the demon that possesses it. 

I have two options at that time, after ordering the watch: to put a washer to tighten the fitment of the subdial hand@3, or to implant a genuine ETA 7753 movement into the watch I have become so enamoured with. The washer fix is rather straightforward, and low cost, but it would effectively debilitate the chronograph function of the watch. Whats that? Its an Asian chronograph in the first place you say? Oh stop it already the Asian chronograph function can work very well too once serviced and cleaned. FYI, I have seen more than one genuine AP ROO chronograph not function like they should. ;)  But no, much as I tend to leave the chronograph function alone, I do like to look at the watch and know that the function would work like magic each time I press the little button at the 2 o'clock, and reset nicely when I press the one at 4. So, no washer. 

Which leaves me the other function, so off to eBay I went. To my delight, I found an ETA7753 on sale, for $450 with shipping, donated by some deceased Hamilton timepiece, looking at the rotor. Ok, it would do, especially at that price. 

Lets skip the boring parts about waiting for the watch and movements to arrive, and the assembly process. What I would like to tell you in brevity is that the movement was put into the watch, and it successfully eliminated the subdial @3 wobble issue. One note to would-be modders wanting to do the same: The A7753 date wheel would not fit in the ETA7753 movement. You could order a 2Geek date wheel, and even that would need to be modded slightly to fit. Ok enough babbling already, I hear the stifled yawns. Off to the pics, which are what really matters I guess. :lol:

I present to you, fine gentlemen, my rep PAM224 Firenze with ETA7753 movement and 2Geek date wheel.   

The Hamilton movement saying hello before its encapsulation.

2243.thumb.jpg.eeacfdf165ec6162f330ba261

The subdial hand@3 proudly standing, no more weak fidgeting! 

2241.thumb.jpg.04b83e0c4682b7df01ed75215

Insert some soppy caption about how time never stands still, but can be so beautiful etc.. I will leave that for the poets.

2244.thumb.jpg.24f2f6e22699f811bfbe4bde6

And the obligatory wristshot. Say hello to the world, Mr. 224. 

2242.thumb.jpg.024afdb25da2ca1d6c2a1a88f

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at the 224. I really like the blue face but also been put off by the wobbly hand.

I just need someone who can fit a gen 7753 movement and also get other parts working correctly like date wheel.

Is there really no other way?

Legend, great job. Well done:)

I've always liked the Panerai Daylight series. I do own the genuine 356 dirty dial, but ironically, it hardly sees the light of day. And I think that the replicas are meticulously reproduced. Yes the inevitable minor inaccuracies exist, like specks of dirt on an immaculately white wall, but they do not annoy the viewer unless scrutinized closely. So yes, the replica Daylight series are firmly ensconced in my favorite list of replicas. One minor detail does bother me for the replica A7753 movement: as many of you may know, the subdial hand at 3 is perpetually a little loose, and would pivot just a little on either side when the watch is tilted or moved in the corresponding direction, due to the construction of the A7753 movement. To some of us, this supposedly subtle flaw might as well be as egregious as the subdial hand being painted a lurid pink. It is a sublime irritation that creeps up your spine each time you spot it, and you could even imagine the snicker that goes with each little movement of the subdial hand at 3. This has stopped me from procuring any Daylight A7753 replica. 

Until recently.

The H factory has released their next iteration of the Firenze series, and I found love at first sight when I chanced upon pictures of the PAM224 Firenze, a limited blue dial Daylight edition, of which only 100 units are produced. It is not perfect, but damn, it is beautiful, and you know how they like to say beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. I am happy to the beholder of the beauty in this case. Let me say upfront that the replica details are veritably good. No, not perfect, but good enough to be worn even for demanding collectors. But guess what, the curse of the subdial hand is back to haunt, like a ghost that relentlessly refuses to depart. I have decided this time, to buy the watch, and exorcise it from the demon that possesses it. 

I have two options at that time, after ordering the watch: to put a washer to tighten the fitment of the subdial hand@3, or to implant a genuine ETA 7753 movement into the watch I have become so enamoured with. The washer fix is rather straightforward, and low cost, but it would effectively debilitate the chronograph function of the watch. Whats that? Its an Asian chronograph in the first place you say? Oh stop it already the Asian chronograph function can work very well too once serviced and cleaned. FYI, I have seen more than one genuine AP ROO chronograph not function like they should.   But no, much as I tend to leave the chronograph function alone, I do like to look at the watch and know that the function would work like magic each time I press the little button at the 2 o'clock, and reset nicely when I press the one at 4. So, no washer. 

Which leaves me the other function, so off to eBay I went. To my delight, I found an ETA7753 on sale, for $450 with shipping, donated by some deceased Hamilton timepiece, looking at the rotor. Ok, it would do, especially at that price. 

Lets skip the boring parts about waiting for the watch and movements to arrive, and the assembly process. What I would like to tell you in brevity is that the movement was put into the watch, and it successfully eliminated the subdial @3 wobble issue. One note to would-be modders wanting to do the same: The A7753 date wheel would not fit in the ETA7753 movement. You could order a 2Geek date wheel, and even that would need to be modded slightly to fit. Ok enough babbling already, I hear the stifled yawns. Off to the pics, which are what really matters I guess.

I present to you, fine gentlemen, my rep PAM224 Firenze with ETA7753 movement and 2Geek date wheel.   

The Hamilton movement saying hello before its encapsulation.

2243.thumb.jpg.eeacfdf165ec6162f330ba261ac21c60.jpg

The subdial hand@3 proudly standing, no more weak fidgeting! 

2241.thumb.jpg.04b83e0c4682b7df01ed7521554a49f7.jpg

Insert some soppy caption about how time never stands still, but can be so beautiful etc.. I will leave that for the poets.

2244.thumb.jpg.24f2f6e22699f811bfbe4bde62aa463e.jpg

And the obligatory wristshot. Say hello to the world, Mr. 224. 

2242.thumb.jpg.024afdb25da2ca1d6c2a1a88fceb6d13.jpg

Very nice

No orda for

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

No words for

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

• 3 years later...