When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you sleep with a watch on?

hambone

Last night I woke up at 1:40 am and looked at my watch which read 12:25 am . So I wround the watch this answering my quiet watch. It occurred to me that I was wearing a watch while sleeping is common . Do you do the same ?

@ Nanuq :D

Yes I always sleep with mine on, if the house catches fire and we need to run out into the street I might be in my underpants but at least I will know what time it is :)

I only take my watch of when i have a shower because (in Eddie Lee voice) "Waterproof is good for 20 meter dash in the rain"

Ken

nope, when I am at home I never wear a watch

This.

Although have one on now checking time keeping just came in. Not by seconds guys just put on wear a few hours still about same time I set by eye to my computer , good enough! My lord the horror if it was 1-2 minutes off a day , I wear them so infrequently for more than one day then off to another so no biggie.

I have like 5 watch winders about never use them.

At home at night I always keep a well lumed wristwatch on the bedside table to check the time if I wake up. I have to be really tired to forget taking it of the wrist.

When travelling I often keep it always on the wrist, including at night.

I always wear my watches to go to sleep, i've done this since i was a child and i used to set the alarm in my Casio Databank to wake up in the morning to go to school and sometimes in the middle of the night i turned the light on that Casio just check if it was time to wake up.

Now i wake up in the middle of the night to check the time on my divers, this is the way im used to and it's easier for me than turn the smartphone on in a dark room.

I actually have a 'bedtime watch' collection of thinner Casios and a Timex expedition for this while my other watches rest overnight in their winders. Sure, my phone is on my nightstand not more than 2 feet away, but it's so much easier just to press the back-light button on one of these than reach over for my phone or sit up to try to read the digital clock on the other side of the room. The wrist feels naked otherwise, and it lessens the possibility of having nightmares that my watches were stolen, lol.

I like it when the sound of the movement resonates through a pillow to my ear... It reminds me that the most wonderful thing about the watch is the tiny mechanical wonder beating away that we hardly ever see.

Also its the easiest way to check the time without having an LED display spoil the darkness.

So yes...

• Like 1