When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modded Cartel 5513 v.2

jackflash

looks great and thanks for breaking that down.

Anyone know the origins behind the dial?

Picked up the dial next door from Prohunter, here's the link for further info:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=260313

A Yuki dial would be a good alternative:

http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/8677972/9758644.htm

The gens aren't so thick and the dial seems a bit more flushed against the case. I was wondering if this was one of the upgrades with the new case.

No the rehaut hasn't been updated. I think the case is now actually the same as the 1665 just without the HE valve.

Crystal choice makes a lot of difference to the look of the rehaut too. I've found that the Clark T19 distorts the cartel, making it look even larger. The best I've come across that optically reduces the thickness is the T19 Superdome from CWP, it's very close to the original crystal. However, I've had several of these fracture on me. So went for the gen service crystal on the meters first watch previously posted. On the feet first I went for the Ofrei PA 46266 which to my eyes is very similar to the gen T19 service crystal.

Here's a link to an early post about the cartel rehaut:
http://rwg.cc/index.php?/topic/174653-Cartel-5513-rehaut-width

The meters first cartel with the CWP crystal:
1e38278576c62e83e4cea553ace2f8ad.jpg

No the rehaut hasn't been updated. I think the case is now actually the same as the 1665 just without the HE valve.

Crystal choice makes a lot of difference to the look of the rehaut too. I've found that the Clark T19 distorts the cartel, making it look even larger. The best I've come across that optically reduces the thickness is the T19 Superdome from CWP, it's very close to the original crystal. However, I've had several of these fracture on me. So went for the gen service crystal on the meters first watch previously posted. On the feet first I went for the Ofrei PA 46266 which to my eyes is very similar to the gen T19 service crystal.

Good stuff. Wear it well. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Beone21 said:

Jack,

In your build you used the standard bracelet?

Would the yuki bracelet be an upgrade?

No I didn't use the standard Cartel bracelet. There are a few issues with it, firstly the end mid-link has the wrong profile, it's too flat. Secondly it doesn't accept gen-spec springbars – It can be easily modded to do so though, something that needs to be done with majority of rep bracelets anyway. Thirdly it is engraved, for some weird reason there's s line running across the end mid-link that the gen doesn't have. A big tell on the wrist for me. I suppose it could be sanded-out though. But still the profile isn't right. On the plus side, the serial number stamping on the bracelet is the correct 93150, albeit not great quality. On the clasp however the serial number is 93160A, which is actually for a later Sea Dweller. In general there isn't a great 93150 rep bracelet out there. The Yuki with the solid mid-links, although not great, would be an option.

Cartel end mid-link with engraved line running across it:
14606eac5472849164b84df09591e30d.jpg

Generic solid-link bracelet, better end mid-link profile without engraved line running across it:65242781eace513af3b8be4404a51c3a.jpg

Sorry no idea. Looks like it has the correct hollow midlinks which is a plus. The 580 endlinks are wrong though, they shouldn't be open to access the springbars. The springbars you have aren't gen spec either.

Here's the WSO 580 endlink

9abe00670243dde8a3c111f4df06cd8a.jpg

Thanks. When JMB receives the case I've asked him to drill out the holes to accept gen spec bars and then I can order some 580 WSO end links. I presume they are the right reference for a 7928?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jack well I ordered a 5513, 5513 3,6,9, 5517 and a 1665 from Sead just for fun, He got the new cases and I asked for the 2813 just because if I do any work I will put in a 2846 or something low beat. Then I asked Helenarou to build me a full on 6538. I got this itch for vintage and even if I get a Yuki 5513 i can always flip the cartel watches. All you guys are a bad influence!!!!!

Hi Jack well I ordered a 5513, 5513 3,6,9, 5517 and a 1665 from Sead just for fun, He got the new cases and I asked for the 2813 just because if I do any work I will put in a 2846 or something low beat. Then I asked Helenarou to build me a full on 6538. I got this itch for vintage and even if I get a Yuki 5513 i can always flip the cartel watches. All you guys are a bad influence!!!!!

Sounds great. Congrats! That'll keep you busy. Looking forward to seeing them. You certainly need to hold on to your wallet with this hobby :)

HR 6538 is very nice and quality build. I advice to replace hands with Clark's Tudor hours and minutes, and OnlinestoreHK white lollipop seconds.

• 1 month later...