When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm not really a noob! Franken 036B

AGONZCA

So, I´ve been reading that noobs don't have a say in the forums and the only way to not being a noob anymore it's by participating with "quality" threads. Don't know exactly what that means, but this is me trying not to be a noob and also testing some photo skills! ;)

I don't really post that much because my English sucks, but let's give it a shot.

Since the first time I saw the PAM 036B I felt in love with it and inmediatelly knew I had to get one, so the obssesive search for the parts started.

I research all the forums and bother a lot of people asking if someone knew about an available T dial, but I guess there was any available at that time, so when I was about the give up and just get a Rolli's dial, the panerai gods took pity of myself and someone offered me a 36B L dial so I inmediatelly got it and thought I would settle with it, but then I realized that I wasn't really feeling the L dial so againg I found myself thinking about dropping the project. 

So once again I saw the light and out of the blue someone I had talked to a few weeks before shot me an email saying that there was "something" available. Unfortunatelly it wasn't easy and was a package deal, but I wasn't going to turn down the dial I had been looking for so badly for the last few month, so I took it in a flash.

I literally parted out 3 watches to build this one and probably over paid a little for some parts, but what the hell, I far far away of the $20K the gen thing costs and since I cost so much, not talking about money, I really consider this piece the most special of my frankens.

No more writing, lets go to the details.

Recipe:

- Gen 36B T dial 

- Gen Tritium hands

- Gen Crownguard

- Gen Crown

- Gen OPII movement

- Rep 61D case-set

- Jakob's CB - Unfortunatelly it's taking a while, so the build is not complete, but for now it's wearing a 177N CB.

P1020705_zpsr9dnnzwu.jpg

P1020710_zpsuiwnjzkr.jpg

P1020709_zpsvoskmthp.jpg

P1020714_zps0lcduxjm.jpg

P1020717_zpssm1pp8up.jpg

Sin%20tiacutetulo_zpshyw0ecwa.jpg

P1020721_zpspqou27z5.jpg

3_zpsfduw6hqw.jpg

Edited by AGONZCA

Thanks for the nice comments. 

Strap is a vintage mustard from Bosphorus Straps (Adem Arslan).

Beautiful build, I agree it looks even better than gen!

I just bought a few straps from Adem... he does a really nice job!

Congratulations AGONZCA on owning such an amazing franken!

Also a shout out to Grimlocktime. M you have developed mad skills in the curation and building of franken Panerai!

Lastly yes I am one of those lucky few who own a Rolli 036 dial (thanks to Grim) but AGONZCA's watch is at a whole different level altogether!

First, OP's English is excellent.

Second, I think that the watch is a masterpiece and exudes pure class. I agree with David, it does look better than gen somehow lol.

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...