When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

if Omega didn't have the bond association wouldn't rep factories not focus on them so much?

tyrantblade

As much as i like the PO and certain Seamaster 300m models i feel theres a bit too much focus on them, not enough on the updayed breitlings (from a few years back) and i think its because of how the bond association grew the brand, if not for Omega becoming the bond watch, it wouldnt get the factories focus im sure

I'm not so sure. it seems to me that Omega has had a more consistent quality showing in the luxury market than Breitling, especially in the last couple years. Makes sense that they'd be repped more 

Absolutely. Bond plays a factor but in no way drives the reason for Omega to be so popular. Omega has a higher quality background compared to Breitling and has also positioned itself to be slightly more luxurious over the years. 

• Like 1

I think that the rep factories follow what sells: it's just business. Omega is a premium brand anyway, it has been long before Bond came along. Perhaps Omega make too many special editions, but, hey-ho, they sell, so I guess they're doing something right. 

As for Brietling, it's the same argument with any of the 'other' brands: IWC, Lange and Sohne, Choppard etc. Rep factories produce more of what they'll sell most of. 

Absolutely. Bond plays a factor but in no way drives the reason for Omega to be so popular. Omega has a higher quality background compared to Breitling and has also positioned itself to be slightly more luxurious over the years. 

This. IMO Omega's movements and finishing are on a higher level then Breitling, and they have made a hard push for branding between Bond and the Olympics. Plus, you can never forget the Speedmaster. Their role is secure in wrist watch and American history.

This. IMO Omega's movements and finishing are on a higher level then Breitling, and they have made a hard push for branding between Bond and the Olympics. Plus, you can never forget the Speedmaster. Their role is secure in wrist watch and American history.

yes... Omega is bigger than Bond every day of the week... Their bold release of the co-axial escapement propelled them to a new level as well, and now they've shutting down most of their dealership chain and selling mainly out of boutiques. Since being an higher end entry watch like Breitling, Bell& Ross, and Baume & Mercier... watch the price of Omegas continue upwards; they want a bigger piece of the Rolex market. Interesting times ahead.

Dont they start out like 50% higher of prices than Breitling though? I mean for example you can often get tge newer, updated Breitlings on gray market website starting under $2500, for example an Avenger II Seawolf, meanwhile an updated (8500 generation) Omega PO starts at nearly $4000 (both prices from Jomashop)

I actually think the avenger 2 seawolf has more going for it looks wise, but im sure many would disagree (i think for some it might look too "blingy" or not refined enough because the bezel is just steel, instead of ceramic) and since when do dive watch reps not sell good?

Dont they start out like 50% higher of prices than Breitling though? I mean for example you can often get tge newer, updated Breitlings on gray market website starting under $2500, for example an Avenger II Seawolf, meanwhile an updated (8500 generation) Omega PO starts at nearly $4000 (both prices from Jomashop)

I actually think the avenger 2 seawolf has more going for it looks wise, but im sure many would disagree (i think for some it might look too "blingy" or not refined enough because the bezel is just steel, instead of ceramic) and since when do dive watch reps not sell good?

Yes, the POs and others are surely higher than Breitlings... they're higher spec and also donne in-house movements

Previously, when Omega was using standard ETA movements the price was on-par with Breitling.

Breitling uses standard ETA movements for most of their watches. 

Think of the trouble that I'm having then, with Omega being priced higher than Breitling. Especially as I'm an Omega wearer! Thank heavens that they rep most of what I like. Sorry ;)

Yes, the POs and others are surely higher than Breitlings... they're higher spec and also donne in-house movements

Previously, when Omega was using standard ETA movements the price was on-par with Breitling.

Breitling uses standard ETA movements for most of their watches. 

The design should stand out and look good too though and in that regard breitling wins