When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

in search of speedmaster moonwatch 42mm manual

Maxvis

hi, once upon a time i had the orignal one both in black classic plexy version and the gemini in blue, now the crisis stroke on me and i had to sell them, but i love this wattch and i'd like to found the most accurate replica out there of a moonwatch 42mm manual winding.

where can i find one with ss engraved caseback? what are the flaws of those replicas?

thanks

massimo

There is no accurate rep of the manual wind speedy due to the sub dial spacing. I'm not sure about the auto though. Have a look at what the trusted dealers list to see if it's acceptable to you. 

I've never really looked into them too much, but some of TD's stock some nice reps like the Dark Side of the Moon. Reps will always have little tells, it's what you're happy with is what matters. Personally, I don't get too hung up on if a rep is 100% accurate - because it won't be. If you really want accuracy then look at a TC Submariner or some of the Pams, they really are very close to gen looks wise. 

• 2 months later...