When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can you love a Casio?

Alfalover

Hello guys, I searched on the forum trying to find something similar but couldn't. The question is, can you love a Casio? Or a cheap watch in general? I own a gen vintage rolex, from the 80s, a datejust to be precise, a G-shock and a few reps. The datejust is fully gold and despite many people thinking full gold isn't ''classy'' I just love it. 

Up to now I had never owned a gold plated watch, but a few months ago while I was walking to work I stopped to look in one of the tens of ''tourist shops'' as they call them here and saw they had at least 150 different casio watches. I saw this gold plated blue dial casio and wrote down the model number. I discovered on Casio's website that they use gold Ion plating that is supposed to be durable. Well in the end I bought the watch for 50€ and I literally love it!

It is 6 months old and has got more wrist time than the datejust recently. We've gone scuba diving (14m) and it takes a beating everyday at work (I don't work in an office so No desk diving). Now I realized that I love it. How is that possible? I suck at taking pictures, I'm sorry. I'm reading the guide to photography in the forum and I swear I'll get better.

When is the plating going to come off?:cc_hang:

IMG_0815.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

Edited by Alfalover
  • Like 1

Quite like it myself for €50. Looks nice  

Yes, of course you can love any watch, including Casio. I've a Seiko Quartz chrono from when I was 21 years old. I still love it even though it's more or less retired these days. I actually wore it as my wedding watch as it had sentimental value. 

Nope, but degustabus nonbutanum est "in matters of taste, there can be no argument." This is the creed with which I respond to when confronted with opinion on any matter involving aesthetics .you must respect the view of another.

Coincidentally, I was browsing Puretime's site just now and wanted to check Cartier, but somehow managed to hit Casio. OMG, Casio reps at over $500. What is happening to the world!

Coincidentally, I was browsing Puretime's site just now and wanted to check Cartier, but somehow managed to hit Casio. OMG, Casio reps at over $500. What is happening to the world!

Have you seen what the dealers are charging for the new JF 21J Daytonas? Almost $400

Have you seen what the dealers are charging for the new JF 21J Daytonas? Almost $400

obscene amounts of money IMHO

Hey you like it works for you so be it and at 50 when gold comes off get another!

With all my watches I spend 90% of my time in a citizen.

id_1411_4988-800x800.jpg

Hopefully not in a Senior Citizen Mike! 

Yes, you can love a Casio, but chances are it won't love you back.

I read on a Land Rover forum that a Series Rover, unlike most people, is capable of returning affection.  It's kinda the same with old mechanical devices, like they're grateful you saved them from the trash heap for another year.

I cohabitate with my 2012 Highlander... it's a fine appliance.  But I love my 1963 Rover... it has a soul.

• 3 weeks later...

Started out with Casios way back in college.  Never changed the battery.  Just threw it away and got a new model as they came out with new stuff frequently.  Now, no way I would ware a Casio.  Like Nanuq said - no soul.  Had my replicas for a long time and frequently change them.  How do I decide in the morning?  When I look into my watch box - one of them calls to me.  

Usil

• 2 years later...