When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Experts opinion needed on AP Roo :)

Hublotfan91

I have my doubts as to whether or not it's a gen ETA. Most are old dirty movements and not new ETA. Most people go for an Asian ETA as at least it's likely to be new. Price wise, I've no idea, but check across several TD's to make sure it's ok. 

Hi guys, 

Just stumbled across this AP: http://www.intime.co/audemars-piguet/1627-royal-oak-offshore-diver-swiss-eta2824-v7-.html

Would seriously appreciate some expert opinion/evalution on this piece. Is it worth the money? Kinda like the fact that the movement is the ETA and not the asian one. 

TP

I'm no expert but I would share my 2 cents with you.

The regular A2824 is a proven workhorse, reliable and steady. Just because the movement stated in this watch is an ETA, it does not automatically necessarily mean that its new, working well, and in a serviced state. Besides, whether its ETA2824 or A2824, it is beating at the wrong beat vs gen. Therefore, your gain mostly, when shelling out some premium for this, is, without proven credence, assurance of reliability that is borne from perception that you are getting a superior movement. You may not be. ;)

But if you have the budget, it would not hurt to purchase it over the A2824 I guess. It may not be better or worse than its Asian counterpart. The A2824 movement has come a long way and has a proven track record. I personally would not bother with the ETA variant when purchasing from dealers. 

Buy it with the a2824. Start looking for a Tissot with the powermatic 80 movement. This is a really good ETA movement that is slow beat like the genuine AP Diver. Transplant that into your V7, and you will have one of the best and most accurate AP reps around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk