When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7 years and counting

nikki6

Wow where does the time go?! I'm glad you're still here big guy, you're one of the bedrock members that keeps the culture of the place flowing. Keep the shiny side up for another 7!

Been a member of RWG, one incarnation or another, for eleven years. Sorting out some album files recently I caught a reflection of myself in a glass table top, in a pic, from my first review of a 1680 from '04. I was still changing my youngest daughters' nappies then. Oh dear. It's happened. I'm old.

Anyone remember this old homepage?  I pored over the site for weeks before the forum was added absorbing and following links having been scammed from email spam for a 16610. Which I got in the end, which I still have, and is only not the worst replica in the world because it does sweep instead of ticking the seconds. Oh, it is garbage, but not as bad as the Polex I bought in Pattaya that DID have a quartz movement. Wish I still had that one. It's sitting in 300 feet of water in the Gulf Stream off of Daytona. Placed there. On purpose. :)

Anyway, even after 'Blade' added the forum I was hesitant to join as I thought RWG could be one of those faux sites with the faux forum. Funny. The music is reversable, the time is not.

RWG_zpsed3f07c1.jpg

Edited by Demsey

Thanks Stu you're certainly one of the classy old-timers that we could count on to make this place a better one!

My gratitude for your presence, and more importantly your friendship especially during my darker days.

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather