When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolli's FGD - 001 PreA Marina Dial Artwork in Swiss Oem Quality

rolli

Specifications:

Rolli's FGD - 001 PreA Marina Dial Artwork in Swiss Oem Quality:

here we introduce a more than rare artwork 001 PreA Marina dial in swiss oem quality and standard.

made by a high grade oem swiss dial maker, made in switzerland.

the oem standard and oem rules say, only to use high end materials and high grade machines, made in switzerland.

materials only from swiss companies which also are developer for the well know products for the  watch making, also the machines, cnc machines from almac swiss,

absolutely fast runner with 5 independent spindles and perfect for recessed indices milling and for all dial applications, also for movement parts etc.

all watch brands with in house production factory work with this special swiss almac cnc machine.

all our dials were made on this machine.

all the swiss oem dial maker have an expensive high grade machine park and be guided by ingineure.

basic material is finest brass alloy , punched to a round plate with 1,0 mm and welded the unitas 6497 feet.

indices cnc machine milled, processed the surface to a thickness of 0,97 mm. 

and then on the surface the fine glass beads blasting,  after the cleaning process and the black galvanic process.

for the final finish was applied the zapon varnish with satin sheen finsih.

now the dials have a final thickness of 1,0 mm.

note:  all indices numerals shape have the typical pre vendome features, see the lower sharp corner 

in the contour on the 6, and the preV typical numerals shapes.

PreV Style indices milling:   all indices numerals contours were pre-milled with a 0.1 mm milling cutter,

so that the sharp corners in 6 could be made, after with a 0,4 mm milling cutter were milled the inner rest.

it was only possible with a special swiss almac  cnc machine, and necessary a special pre working and programming on the cad program.

a very elaborate cnc machine procedure.

note: all PreV and all preA dials have this special numerals feature on the shape contours.

now the dials went to swiss rc tritec for our special tritium look.

last year we developed a tritium simulated high grade super luminova color, 10 years burned out look.

rc tritec switzerland analyzed this color and produced it in triple high grade-A super luminova a special color for us.

i could buy the original old stock tritium resin varnish UV820 from rc tritec,  which was still in stock from 1993 and i could buy the rest stock.

the tritium high glossy resin varnish uv820 is the original which was used for all tritium mixes , and as protection against the radioactivity.

all indices are filled with this mixture by swiss rctritec employee by hand with the stylograph  in the typical

recessed preV style filling.

the preV fgd hands  are special made for us including the small second hand including a longer second hand tube,

are also filled by rc tritec with a non matched high grade-A tritium simulated super luminova.

after this process the dials went to the swiss printer, for the print steel cliché, and for the final lettering print,

also with swiss berlac paint in high glossy peal white.

this was a small introduction to the oem manufacture, i already studied for years all these single procedures and steps

and could train and instruct the dial maker for the important details,

also i trained the engineer and graphic designer  for the vector graphic on auto cad for all the important sensible details. we had a genuine dial and high resolution scan all the time as basic for the profuction.

For more Details please send a PM

regards

Rolli 

001_ PreA_01.jpg

001_ PreA_02.jpg

001_ PreA_03.jpg

001_ PreA_04.jpg

001_ PreA_05.jpg

001_ PreA_06.jpg

001_ PreA_07.jpg

001_ PreA_08.jpg

001_ PreA_09.jpg

001_ PreA_10.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I keep coming back to this thread... I already have a nice 205/A built around the awesome rolli dial, but it seems I still don't have enough :)

I never built a pre-A and the information is maybe even scarcer than on pre-Vs.

Lugs look thinner than pre-v so I was thinking to use an old H fac, or maybe a KW case set as a base for reshaping and add a sead a-f polished cg.

What do you guys think?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/04/2016 at 2:58 PM, kilowattore said:

I keep coming back to this thread... I already have a nice 205/A built around the awesome rolli dial, but it seems I still don't have enough :)

I never built a pre-A and the information is maybe even scarcer than on pre-Vs.

Lugs look thinner than pre-v so I was thinking to use an old H fac, or maybe a KW case set as a base for reshaping and add a sead a-f polished cg.

What do you guys think?

I think that you should try for a full Jimmy Fu case set, including CG, with a gen crown.

9 hours ago, kilowattore said:

I thought these were long gone, or are they currently produced?

Definitely not. I read some topics a while ago about this subject.

In the early 00s he made some casesets based on his own gen OP 6520 caseset. These casesets (almost complete bar crown) were very accurate. Lots of them ended up on eBay, the prices were very cheap but he no longer makes these parts and they were all bought up a long time ago. 

You'll be a lucky man if you find one! Prices have been up since.

Edited by TerraZ

7 hours ago, TerraZ said:

Definitely not. I read some topics a while ago about this subject.

In the early 00s he made some casesets based on his own gen OP 6520 caseset. These casesets (almost complete bar crown) were very accurate. Lots of them ended up on eBay, the prices were very cheap but he no longer makes these parts and they were all bought up a long time ago. 

You'll be a lucky man if you find one! Prices have been up since.

They were the best; so good that I know that a significant number were used to recase worn preA, A & B series watches, which were then sold as 'minty' collectors pieces. I was able to get one of the older genuine cases that resulted from this process. I also had a number of Jimmy Fu case-sets and used one of these, together with a genuine preA1 dial, gen tritium hands and a CdG Swiss 6497-1 to build my all time favourite 'rep'. I still have one unused JF case-set, gen crown and a genuine 002 'L' dial, plus a genuine white base dial.

Jimmy Fu was/is a well respected Panerai collector, who decided to produce his own 'homage' watch with a sterile dial and plain display back. He had 200 sets manufactured and was intending to get them assembled, using Swiss CdG striped movements, when the potential of legal action from Richemont knocked it on the head. I bought a number of sets from him (I think I have 9 or 10 of his dials still lying in a drawer) but still have only one built watch (the preA1) and one unused set left. The rest ended up within the forum, either as unused sets or in various reps that I built and subsequently sold or traded to other forum members. There's bound to be a few still out there; I can't be the only person that hasn't got round to doing anything with theirs yet??

12 hours ago, PAMman said:

They were the best; so good that I know that a significant number were used to recase worn preA, A & B series watches, which were then sold as 'minty' collectors pieces. I was able to get one of the older genuine cases that resulted from this process. I also had a number of Jimmy Fu case-sets and used one of these, together with a genuine preA1 dial, gen tritium hands and a CdG Swiss 6497-1 to build my all time favourite 'rep'. I still have one unused JF case-set, gen crown and a genuine 002 'L' dial, plus a genuine white base dial.

I'm sorry to hijack this thread but is a preA case identical to an A or B series case?

I always thought JF cases were almost 1:1 copies of B-D series cases, now I'm wondering if preA and A cases were also the same?

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:14 PM, TerraZ said:

I'm sorry to hijack this thread but is a preA case identical to an A or B series case?

I always thought JF cases were almost 1:1 copies of B-D series cases, now I'm wondering if preA and A cases were also the same?

Jimmy Fu used his own 'C' (or possibly 'D') series watch for his project, so his cases were 1:1 copies of that series. However, since 1997 Panerai had become part of the Vendome Group (now Richemont, S.A.) and, for the pre-A had used the remaining OP stock of 400 cases, together with 600 of their own production, so the pre-A utilised cases from both companies’ manufacture.

While there were two, separate series of the 1000 pre-A watches, during 1997, the OP 6500 (500+) and the OP 6502, I haven’t noted any record of visible case differences during that period. Given that there were only 400 Luminor cases inherited from the preVendome OP and 600 ‘new’ cases, it follows that, at least some of the 500+ first series (OP 6500) must have been the newer production. Then, particularly as it was anticipated that Panerai would only ever be a low volume, niche brand, it is highly unlikely that, having tooled up for production of the first 600 Vendome cases, that the design would have altered for the next few years' low volume runs. Therefore, unless there is any evidence to the contrary I would conclude that they are identical.

Edited by PAMman

On 26 mei 2016 at 3:52 PM, PAMman said:

Jimmy Fu used his own 'C' (or possibly 'D') series watch for his project, so his cases were 1:1 copies of that series. However, since 1997 Panerai had become part of the Vendome Group (now Richemont, S.A.) and, for the pre-A had used the remaining OP stock of 400 cases, together with 600 of their own production, so the pre-A utilised cases from both companies’ manufacture.

While there were two, separate series of the 1000 pre-A watches, during 1997, the OP 6500 (500+) and the OP 6502, I haven’t noted any record of visible case differences during that period. Given that there were only 400 Luminor cases inherited from the preVendome OP and 600 ‘new’ cases, it follows that, at least some of the 500+ first series (OP 6500) must have been the newer production. Then, particularly as it was anticipated that Panerai would only ever be a low volume, niche brand, it is highly unlikely that, having tooled up for production of the first 600 Vendome cases, that the design would have altered for the next few years' low volume runs. Therefore, unless there is any evidence to the contrary I would conclude that they are identical.

Thanks, very clear and conclusive write-up!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...