When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tropic 21 & DW 6263 - bezel too tight?!

slay

I tried to replace my DW's tropic 21 and I'm having a grad time finding one that fits with the black bezel. I tried one aftermarket bezel (expensive bezel!) and the DW bezel, both are too tight for Clarks T21, Sternkreuz T21 and J&K T21.

Before I start missing the bezel, does anyone have an idea why none of them fit? Are the replacement plexis too thick or is the rehaut a micrometer too thick on the DW case?

I have 2 of the first 5 Daytonas that DW ever sold. Halley has (some of) the others.

Note there were two versions of the MM cases; if there's a bulge at the crown tube it's a v2 and if the profile of the case across the tube thread area is "flat" ie: no bulge, it's a v1.

DW's cases were not very consistent with regards to sizes, which may explain why some people didn't have issues. His older cases were better in this regard.

There are plenty of posts outlining what has to be done to a DW bezel to make it fit with a gen spec T-21. Here's one:

The gen spec T-21's are ever so slightly wider than the crystal DW used. You have to sand the inner diameter of the bezel to make it fit. It's worse on the 6265 (steel) bezel.

DW's cases were not very consistent with regards to sizes, which may explain why some people didn't have issues. His older cases were better in this regard.

There are plenty of posts outlining what has to be done to a DW bezel to make it fit with a gen spec T-21. Here's one:

[url=https://rwg.cc//topic/118448-dw-daytona-tropic-21-bezel-issue?do=embed]

The gen spec T-21's are ever so slightly wider than the crystal DW used. You have to sand the inner diameter of the bezel to make it fit. It's worse on the 6265 (steel) bezel.

Good to know, thanks. I guess I will carefully sand down the bezel then