When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

do you think the rep makers will ever focus on updated Breitlings?

tyrantblade

1 minute ago, andreww said:

Actually I still consider that to be old style Breitling. Still has the Avenger styling and the classic Breitling date font, but I can't stand the new giant crystal pearl.

But its like they made it so much better, they really breathed some fresh light into it with many changes (its still supposed to look like an Avenger as its called the "Avenger II" Seawolf)

Just now, tyrantblade said:

But its like they made it so much better, they really breathed some fresh light into it with many changes (its still supposed to look like an Avenger as its called the "Avenger II" Seawolf)

Maybe in your opinion. I prefer the old one. I prefer the old Navi with its giant, easily readable Breitling font. I don't like the pearl on the Avengers. The SuperOceans are ugly, all of em. Montbrilliant date font sucks. And I much preferred the old Chronomat Evolution to the current ugly bezelled Chronomats. 

For some reason Breitling has decided to continually update classic models, unlike a company like Rolex for instance. I bet you will always be able to buy a classic looking Sub, DayDate or Date Just.

13 hours ago, andreww said:

Maybe in your opinion. I prefer the old one. I prefer the old Navi with its giant, easily readable Breitling font. I don't like the pearl on the Avengers. The SuperOceans are ugly, all of em. Montbrilliant date font sucks. And I much preferred the old Chronomat Evolution to the current ugly bezelled Chronomats. 

For some reason Breitling has decided to continually update classic models, unlike a company like Rolex for instance. I bet you will always be able to buy a classic looking Sub, DayDate or Date Just.

Clearly you are pretty picky and don't like a good looking dive watch, good thing they don't design watches just for you

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 9:11 AM, andreww said:
1 hour ago, Rolex5512 said:

Whats the obsession with this watch? They probably don't make them for a reason...they are awful looking.

I bet you like some odd looking vintage rolexes, in which case that would explain why a nice modern dive watch doesnt interest you

11 minutes ago, Mike on a bike said:

tyrantblade AKA fluffy , I thought we had an agreement that you would keep your obsession w/ this one piece under control.

Now they banned you next store for this, I however have found it to be mildly entertaining but enough.

I wouldnt have posted the last few posts, but when all they have to post is mud throwing because it doesn't suit their own tastes...

Well I agree some back and forth, but mate no matter how many times you start one of these threads it always comes up snake eyes give it up already. You've done this on two boards guys told you the deal they ain't making for various reasons some very valid having nothing to do w/ personal taste you just have to accept it and move on. Plenty of watches out there!

• Like 1

They've already redone both the Skyland and the seawolf with refined case and greater quality bracelet. The new chronomat Raven has been released, the Abyss has been released with upgrades on the 42mm models, the other Abyss models are probably one of the closest to gen models on the rep market right now. B01 and world timer has been redone.

Anymore you'd like??

10 hours ago, nikki6 said:

They've already redone both the Skyland and the seawolf with refined case and greater quality bracelet. The new chronomat Raven has been released, the Abyss has been released with upgrades on the 42mm models, the other Abyss models are probably one of the closest to gen models on the rep market right now. B01 and world timer has been redone.

Anymore you'd like??

They have done no Avenger II models though, besides a super cheap super avenger ii that is way off, i know not everyone likes the big Seawolf models, but theres the GMT (43mm size) and 2 different sizes, slightly different chronographs, they even reduced the size of the Avenger to a size more friendly to more people (43mm size)

It should of been a no brainer to make a super rep of one or two of those models, when they did and it sold well, maybe they would do more 

Anyways, i said i was done, im going to not keep posting these threads (and if you guys let it, this topic will die) as im going to get an Avenger II Seawolf when i get my taxes, and then if the factories don't rep these updated models, it will be their loss and better for me as i will have a nice genuine that doesn't have a rep version out, and that makes it all the more special 

Guest rg21044

I have a genuine Super Avenger II and I was under the impression that no rep...not even a poorly done version...of this model existed. Can you point me toward the one you referenced in your post? Thanks.

Not sure where i first saw them at, but there were 2 super avenger ii reps, both on stainless steel  (looked like old style) for $80 with a quartz movement 

There are a few crappy super avenger  ii  reps for 158/168 on perfect clones or trusty time website, these ones don't look any better than the ones i saw before 

Since they have them kn their website and they must exist as they are do terrible they are obviously reps, you favorite TD should be able to get them for you, they seem to be available in black dial, white dial, and brown dial (fantasy) with the new numbers and i think black dial with sticks, but they all have a poor attempt at old style for bracelet or leather

Edited by tyrantblade

http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=16_137&page=1&sort=3a

http://www.pf-818.com/-c-84_157_1033.html

judge for yourself, but for me they dont make the grade, especially since i only like full stainless and they dont have a proper new style bracelet yet, with a few tweaks and a better new style bracelet, they might be worth buying for me, but its probably not likely to happen