When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sneak preview: Mk3 cyclop for ROO frankens and reps

Legend

The AP ROO franken is a work of intricate beauty and most of the frankens I have seen have the edge datewheel and the LWO cyclop that has the wrong magnification. The result is that the date often appears too small, and is a visual irritant for me. I have worked with spinmaster to develop the mk1 cyclop (mag too small, but ok for divers), mk2 (good mag, no AR) and now gentlemen, I present to you a preview of the mk3, essentially the mk2 cyclop with double AR. It has been an onerous process choosing the crystal material and coating for these but I think that we have finally hit jackpot.

The magnification is correct vs gen, and the cyclop is even clearer than the gen one as could be seen from the pics below.

This is a pic of the gen movement, gen datewheel and gen cyclop. Notice the slight reflection in the date read out.

66d9b833771b11f798596ebaab118b70.jpg

This is the mk3 cyclop on the same movement and datewheel. Notice that the date magnification remains the same, but clarity is improved.

670acd3e8b16c05c6b819fa341643fe2.jpg

I would be releasing pics of how it looks with the edge datewheel, and pics of it with the dial installed. I think the date magnification issue for ROO frankens, and even 7750 reps can finally be resolved with this cyclop. Stay tuned gentlemen. :)

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

This is how the cyclop makes the date looks on the edge datewheel and LWO movement. Perfect!

77348289f5dcbc5d85d0e5c3448fb7fa.jpg

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

This is the mk3 cyclop on a standard A7750 sec@12 movement and standard rep datewheel. The date magnification is increased and clarity is improved as well.

d17c62aa083c1867ce151d4c9bc6bfab.jpg

Amazing stuff, from the Legend of APs  

Definitely bringing the frankens to yet another level to match the gens ...  

Being delusion-al is definitely a plus point if you're a swift driver wannabe. I hope that my cyclop mod is more realistic than their race aspirations. Lol

Being delusion-al is definitely a plus point if you're a swift driver wannabe. I hope that my cyclop mod is more realistic than their race aspirations. Lol

swiftys race aspirations are madness within a world of crazies ! Haha I think they live by this following code - "Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today.” . Unknowingly this code leads to their utter annihilation 

the Legend mk3 cyclop is a different level altogether bro, the apt quote to describe this is - you make every dream & fantasy come true for all AP lovers.

haha cheers bro . We are definately blessed by the projects born out of your striving to achieve perfection !  

Leave it to Alvin to bring the ROO's to another level!!

Will this MK3 cyclone work or improve the divers date readability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear A, technically yes. The clarity in the mk3 cyclop is phenomenal, and I do not use that word lightly. In fact, I have just replaced 2 genuine AP ROO cyclops with the mk3, for the superior clarity!

Dear A, technically yes. The clarity in the mk3 cyclop is phenomenal, and I do not use that word lightly. In fact, I have just replaced 2 genuine AP ROO cyclops with the mk3, for the superior clarity!

Big A,

Anything to help my old tired eyes !!! I find the date numbers are much easier to read on my S/S V7. May be the guru double AR Crystal, but it's definitely clearer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Very nice buddy. As mentioned previously you really came up with the best solution

Would love one on mine Franken

Thank you guys. And@slaughterer to have a master of the trade affirm this humble effort, is a true honor. Thank you.

+1

• 2 months later...