When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jackjo case with movement alignment problems???

Timelord

Hi to all,

I have recently acquired a Jacko seadweller case and was informed it housed a 2836-2 movement.

i purchased a movement with the case clamps and dial spacer that came with the mechanism.

i had also purchased separately a movement ring for eta 2836-2 to hold the mechanism in place.

i mounted it all up with dial and all

BUT , the movement moves in circles with the tightened case clamps that came with the movement, having a tendency to fall out

Worse still is that the stem won't even engage in  the mechanism - perhaps too much play as it moves with clamps and all.

it is not the first time I have assembled case kits with their mechanism

what have I done wrong.???

Do I need need to get new case clamps ( noticed that they are here same size as for the submariner purchased from silks some years ago so am not entirely sure)

Obviously I must either be an idiot or have not done my homework too well or both.

i am open to any input from those that  have had experience with such rebuilds.  Any advice would be much appreciated with how I can see this  finally up and running.  many thanks,!!!!

Hard to say without pictures. Make sure the little case clamps are under whatever rim exists for them in the case. This will keep the movement from falling out. Make sure the movement ring actually fits the case so the movement can't slide from side to side. For the stem, be careful. If the movement is not lining up don't force it too much.