When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thinking about buying an avenger II SEAWOLF around the corner

tyrantblade

I know I will get a sizable tax return around the corner and want to buy an avenger II SEAWOLF, I love the looks, it's in the size range that I like my watches (dive watches of that size fit me well, I know from having super reps of an 8500 generation PO rep (45.5mm size) an SOSF REP, and mosT recently my DSSD rep, all full stainless) and since a super rep is probably not gonna happen and using taxes is probably the best opportunity I will have to buy one if I can safely afford one I will go for it (I do have some extra money coming, plus will probably sell my rep Dssd and a gold necklace as well)

what I'm wondering is, what are the chances of getting one at a reasonable discount from retail, I wouldn't even mind buying a pre-owned one, but if I go pre owned I would like to buy from a boutique or authorized dealer type place

where I am there are no nearby boutiques, there are 2 "retailers" as the Breitling website puts them that aren't too awful far away

in essence, if I can swing it, and it's an option, I could see $3500 from a boutique/dealer to either buy it new, or lightly used, but I think the $4500ish they can run retail is a bit steep given gray market price $3200ish tops (2800ish or slightly less typically) with stainless steel bracelet) 

otherwise I'm thinking about buying gray market, but what is the difference between buying new from a dealer/boutique or a gray market website besides price? 

It iwould be my first genuine Swiss watch purchase

Yes i know they sometimes pop up used on ebay, but from what i can tell the Cobra Yellow dial doesn't seem to pop up like the Volcano black dial does

I would like to eventually have both, but the Cobra Yellow is in the lead for me because there is no shortage of black dialed Swiss brand dive watches out there

The bold yellow is just more unique and its the only Breitling with yellow that i can see owning  (the others are mostly not designs im crazy about, and the last avenger seawolf yellow looks too pale to me, hence why i didn't buy a rep of it)

I might just go the gray market way, granted the Cobra Yellow dial Avenger II Seawolf will be available with the stainless steel bracelet when i actually have the money, at close to a typical or low price im not spending  $3200, when typical is $2800ish) 

I was just looking for some insight into what the actual different is from a dealer of some sort and gray market, besides gray market being quite cheaper (gray market to retail price difference is over 50% increase) 

Im also a little unsure buying a used watch for the amount of money they go for with just anybody  (not an authenticity problem, just wouldn't want to buy a misrepresented  (or worse) watch)

Try the gen forums or use watchrecon for quick searches and see if any reputable sellers are selling one.

Or contact Davidsw or Takuya over on TRF and see if they can source you one.

I see used Breitlings for sell in the classifieds on TRF all the time. It takes some work and patience to find a good deal on a particular model but it can be done.

Guest rg21044

There are good deals to be had from private sellers on watchrecon. You shouldn't have a problem getting what you want with box and matching papers for $2500 or so. Just be patient and do your due diligence. Good luck.

Well, a brand new Avenger II Seawolf wont be in the budget this year since my taxes were almost none

I may be able to get roughly  $2000-$2500, but even that will be hard, so unless overtime keeps rolling in i will probably have to forget about it as i know buying one may set me up to get broke again 

It truly sucks to work hard, sometimes for over 60 hours a week, and many times still end up broke 

On 29 January 2016 at 2:01 PM, nikki6 said:

The new version seawolf the factories are selling IS the [censored] seawolf II you [censored] dolt! Check breitling.com they're the same!! Now [censored] off!

No it's not. Have you not been listening to the Special One? :bangin: lol