When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

is there an easy way to buy a watch, besides with a credit card. or cash in hand/in an account?

tyrantblade

im starting to think ill never be able to buy my grail at this point, not because its expensive (because in the watch world it isnt, i dont have tastes for the very expensive as far as watches go, in fact i think many times theres not enough going on to ever justify what those watches cost), but simply because i can never get ahead, i try to save and bills end up getting stupid high

then i think taxes may help, but NYS is ridiculous when it comes to taxes, federal isnt much better unless you are married, with babies, go to school, and pay the government extra money each week, or at least 2/4

this is why all i will ever be able to keep long term is a $300 rep 

Edited by tyrantblade

I believe that many watch dealers in China will accept ducks , preferably alive and quacking as payment. One must put them in a row as in "getting your ducks in line"

this may or perhaps may not work.

Open a savings account and deposit a small amount each month. Make sure you don't have easy access to it and in a year or 2 you'll have enough to buy your grail. 

Ok I am a little lost when you say what you want is not repped so you have to buy it from the Chinese.

If it's not repped then it wont be available in China at all.

That said you can get pre paid credit cards now, just buy one with the cash amount you need for the purchase.

Ken

1 hour ago, KB said:

Ok I am a little lost when you say what you want is not repped so you have to buy it from the Chinese.

If it's not repped then it wont be available in China at all.

That said you can get pre paid credit cards now, just buy one with the cash amount you need for the purchase.

Ken

I said i have no way to purchase it from the Chinese 

I believe that many watch dealers in China will accept ducks , preferably alive and quacking as payment. One must put them in a row as in "getting your ducks in line"

this may or perhaps may not work.

Im gonna buy a gen........

With ducks.........

In a row............

In China!!!

12eeb1f019c836607731e5ca130c51d2.jpg

Send from outer space

• Like 1

WOW!! This one isn't going anywhere!default_partytime.gif I really can't figure out what the OP is trying to say. IS his grail a rep or a gen, is it a Chinese gen or what. Maybe he needs to start over ands explain exactly what his dilemma is. As others suggested, there are various ways to work around payments, WU, prepaid credit cards, etc. At the price of cats and ducks, the shipping charges would be huge!!default_wink.gif

Well sir, that clears everything up quite nicely. I believe that you are faced with a situation with a couple of solutions. One is you find a similar watch that is repped and learn to live  with it. Two, save up a little money each week or month, stick it in an account that you can't get to easily and be on the lookout for a used example of what you want. May take a while, but it's doable. Looking on WatchUSeek sales forum, used Avenger II's with box papers in really nice condition are going for anywhere from 1600.00 USD to 1900.00 USD.  

8 minutes ago, panerai153 said:

Well sir, that clears everything up quite nicely. I believe that you are faced with a situation with a couple of solutions. One is you find a similar watch that is repped and learn to live  with it. Two, save up a little money each week or month, stick it in an account that you can't get to easily and be on the lookout for a used example of what you want. May take a while, but it's doable. Looking on WatchUSeek sales forum, used Avenger II's with box papers in really nice condition are going for anywhere from 1600.00 USD to 1900.00 USD.  

Ive seen prices around $2500, if something in the $1600-1900 pops up in a few months, maybe i could make it happen 

Ive seen prices around $2500, if something in the $1600-1900 pops up in a few months, maybe i could make it happen 

I saw one go for $1650 on watchuseek one month ago indeed. Beautiful watch, maybe selling some reps not getting that much wrist time and save a little this might be doable.

I hope you be able to get your grail soon sir.

3 hours ago, panerai153 said:

Yes i saw that one somebody bought at 1650, i want one of the ones with the numbers on the new stainless steel bracelet, doubt this configuration pops up below $2300-$2400

And maybe you guys mean the avenger 1 Seawolf, i see those at around the prices you guys say

But 1 Avenger II Seawolf at 1650 does not make it a history 

Another big problem, i dont have a collection to sell, i have 1 $300 DSSD to sell, which i probably will sell to fund the Avenger II Seawolf when the money will bridge the gap

Edited by tyrantblade

Yes i saw that one somebody bought at 1650, i want one of the ones with the numbers on the new stainless steel bracelet, doubt this configuration pops up below $2300-$2400

And maybe you guys mean the avenger 1 Seawolf, i see those at around the prices you guys say

But 1 Avenger II Seawolf at 1650 does not make it a history 

Another big problem, i dont have a collection to sell, i have 1 $300 DSSD to sell, which i probably will sell to fund the Avenger II Seawolf when the money will bridge the gap

Okay, that configuration will be slightly more expensive. The one I was talking about was a II but without numbers and on a rubber strap.

Another option maybe grey market? I bought few years back a SO Abyss at an AD for €1500,- (on rubber strap).

Grey market is around $2700-$2800 at the cheapest 

Theres one on ebay that will go to the highest bidder in a few days, wish i had money to bid as the starting bid is pretty low, it has the new bracelet, and numbers

Idk if anyone has tthe spare funds and is willing to do it, but if someone could buy it and hold on to it, i would be willing to buy it from you at cost or a little higher (assuming it sells at $2300 or less), 

I have some taxes incoming, as well as paychecks with overtime and am willing to sell my clone ETA DSSD rep as well as a 14k gold chain (roughly 1 ounce total weight, you do the math)

If i didn't come through, it would be easy to recoup the cost

Grey market is around $2700-$2800 at the cheapest 

Theres one on ebay that will go to the highest bidder in a few days, wish i had money to bid as the starting bid is pretty low, it has the new bracelet, and numbers

Idk if anyone has tthe spare funds and is willing to do it, but if someone could buy it and hold on to it, i would be willing to buy it from you at cost or a little higher (assuming it sells at $2300 or less), 

I have some taxes incoming, as well as paychecks with overtime and am willing to sell my clone ETA DSSD rep as well as a 14k gold chain (roughly 1 ounce total weight, you do the math)

If i didn't come through, it would be easy to recoup the cost

To be honest, I love watches but I wouldn't spend all my money on one.

I see from your posts that you are really focussed on the avenger II, just one of the watches they won't rep. I understand you already have a substantial amount, put that on the side and save some more till you can buy your grail watch.

For me, i will not go back gen for now as i think the quality of reps is that good, the price difference doesn't give me that much more satisfaction.

But then again, i already have the rep I really like.

Still hope you get ur grail soon somehow.

The watches I saw on WatchUseek were all Avenger II's. Go to the WUS  sales forum (Private sellers). Up at the top is a box "Search forum", type in "Avenger II Seawolf" and hit search. quite a few ads, some are sold, some ads are dated, but there were some recent ones. I really think that you can find what you want for 1600-1900 USD. You just need to have the funds ready and keep searching. You can also search on watchnet's and Timezone's sales corners. There is also a site called watchrecon. You can sign up and register then you can put in your preference for the brand and model of a watch you are looking for, and they actually use their search engine to look for ads matching your description. when something comes up, they message you. AFA places to look, I feel like the watch sites have better deals than EBay.  

I've been just reading up till now and knew I saw OP's name come up before.

Now I know again why..

He really wants an Avenger II II bad!

Save up to II K and buy a gen or buy another really nice rep and save some money!

I don't fully understand the post. There is no easier way to buy anything than cash. But, you do need to have the cash. Just saying you have the cash, doesn't really work. At least most of the time.

Seems like he wants somebody to buy the one gen eBay now till he has the money to buy it from you, did i understand that correct?