When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob v6 Rolex 116610LV 'Hulk' Ceramic Submariner

metalmickey

This is the v6 Noob sub (NOY the v6S), apparently the same as the v5 but with an upgraded dial. This one runs an A2836. I picked it up from Toro in his pre-CNY clearance sale for about $250.

First things first this is a really, really nice watch. Out of the box it looks and feels genuine, it's as solidly built and smooth as my genuine TAG Aquaracer, with the exception of the rotor which is a little noisy. 

The dial is stunning, with colour changing from dark to light green and sparkling as the light catches it. The ceramic bezel also looks good although the colour seems a little washed out compared to the dial. I have no idea what a real one looks like but this looks stunning. 

The bracelet is very well made and solid feeling. One link had a fouled screw, which I simply removed - and I always have plenty of spares. There is the tiniest of SEL gaps which is well within my tolerance and better than some I have seen.

Otherwise all seems in order. Markers look straight to me, date wheel looks nicely centred and the pearl is good to my eyes.

I'd definitely a step up from my last Hulk, which was one of Reg's from a while ago and which had the old white numbers (now they are platinum, lovely!) and a 21J movement instead of the asian 2836 in this one.  

It's a grade A, which is good news. Not as good as AAA but still worthy! And it ha a bezel protector on it with N for Noob on it!

Posted Image

Plenty of protective plastic, over every single edge and every single surface

Posted Image

Pearl and triangle are well aligned
Posted Image

Not had a platinum numbers model before. These are actually better finished than the ones in my genuine TAG
Posted Image

The crown is really crisp and well finished
Posted Image

New dial with 'correct' 300 m spacing (Apparently, I can't tell the difference...)

Posted Image

Date wheel alignment is the best I have had. Cyclops is really nice, easier to read than others I have had, maybe the AR coating?
Posted Image

And a wristy:

Posted Image