When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob vs JF factory Submariner Rep

wright267

Hi and welcome :D

I had many NOOB submariner until the V5 version, and she is very well made !

But, today, i would try the JF for the following reasons:

- The correct height of the sapphire above the ceramic bezel; NOOB is too high !

- The clasp is a real beauty; it's rounded where it has to be and sharp also... The brushing is excellent according to the pictures i saw on differents Truted dealers sites.

- I like very much the bracelet; the links seems to be very well made and i think there is no space between them.

- The solid end link has the correct lenght, it is inside the lugs... The SEL on the NOOB is too long and just arrives at the lugs limit.

- It's hard to tell from the pics but i think also that the cyclop on the date is better, but i am not sure !

Well, i would be very curious to buy it and to see it 

I know that JF makes a great DAYTONA with one of the best finish you ca find, so i guess their SUBMARINER has the same quality manufacturing quality !

• Like 2

Yeah, I have discovered the Noob watch website and seen that they are now on Noob v6... I might have to plump for one of those! 

The one I have seems to have a lot in common with the Noob watches... And I think it might actually be one looking at everything else in the forum and on the websites etc.

Thanks for your replies guys :-)

• 10 months later...

Some absolute garbage advice on here.

1. Forget these nonsense links and stick to the trusted dealers listed here and over the road at the other sites unless you want to pay a fortune for a canal street standard rep

2. For ceramic sub the best version was the noob v6s. Sadly it's nigh on impossible to get one so you are stuck with the noob v7. It's still a good rep and light years away from the crap you get on dhgate. It's also better than the JF.

3. For 5 digit sub it's TC every time. I can't remember if TC is a trusted dealer here but he is on repgeek.

4. Use the search facility on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 05/02/2016 at 6:01 PM, themannier said:

Hi and welcome :D

I had many NOOB submariner until the V5 version, and she is very well made !

But, today, i would try the JF for the following reasons:

- The correct height of the sapphire above the ceramic bezel; NOOB is too high !

- The clasp is a real beauty; it's rounded where it has to be and sharp also... The brushing is excellent according to the pictures i saw on differents Truted dealers sites.

- I like very much the bracelet; the links seems to be very well made and i think there is no space between them.

- The solid end link has the correct lenght, it is inside the lugs... The SEL on the NOOB is too long and just arrives at the lugs limit.

- It's hard to tell from the pics but i think also that the cyclop on the date is better, but i am not sure !

Well, i would be very curious to buy it and to see it 

I know that JF makes a great DAYTONA with one of the best finish you ca find, so i guess their SUBMARINER has the same quality manufacturing quality !

Please ask your seller to show you pics after clipping out the bezel ring !

You will know what rep is !

• 3 weeks later...

JF factory is in my opinion pure [censored] Sub as many others !

Never try to clip off the bezel !

You'd be disapointed...

What are these for holes on the case ? This is to simulate the work of the click-spring on gens and good reps !

The bezel is unseparate from the glass !

Of course it is definitely out of work !

Here is what JF sells as a sub rep :

CIMG1664.JPG

CIMG1666.JPG

CIMG1668.JPG

CIMG1663.JPG

CIMG1667.JPG

• 3 months later...

I'm looking to get a Submariner also and I had a couple of questions.

1 - How is it that some people say that the noob V6 is better than the V7? Usually as versions progress they get better.

2 - I tried to message TC and he isn't taking messages and on his discussion about subs all the pictures and videos don't work. Any idea why? Are there other people who does what he does?

3 - Regarding price. Is it just marketing how some website hype it more than others? I am looking for the latest noob V7 (assuming that's the "best" available). Some sites are at $500 others are $350 or so. Can you just confirm with the website if it is a Noob V7? The Noob V7 has the engraving on the crystal, platinum paint, etc. Are some sites mentioning more info and better at "selling" the watch but they are the same?

4 - Also, I asked before but is it better to have the clone 3135 or the 2586?

Sorry for so many question but I just like to get as much info/opinions as possible.

I decided purchase a Breitling Skyland Avenger from info on the website and it's a very good rep (as far as a beginner can tell although the clasp could be better) so like real opinions. Like I said it's hard to believe what the websites say of course because they are trying to sell their products.

Don't have an answer for 1,

2. It seems TC is on hiatus for now. Not a clear message anywhere when he will be back.
3. Some sites differ due to the movement. You basically have 3 choices for noob. Asian (a2824/a2836 depends on sub vs dssd). Asian SA3135 ( not the same and not as desirable as the Yuki, only the new JF's or a custom build will come with the yuki) or some sites offer true Swiss ETA 2824/2836. The true Swiss movements drive the price up.

4. With noob I would opt for the swiss 2824/2836, unless you have a yuki or gen 3135 you are planning to swap out the sa3135 for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

For starters the Noob v7 is a 6-digit sub (116610) with a Ceramic Insert.  And if you are into this model the V7 is great.  Suggest contacting BK via PM or checkout his sub-forum.

TC sells (or should we say "sold") a 5-digit Sub (16610) with an Aluminum Insert (among other differences).

The JF that was being discussed above (this is an old thread) was the JF 116610 that was developed a while ago and pretty much sucked. (IMHO)

However, JF has just released their "TC Killer" 16610 lv Sub (Green Insert) that looks really excellent and comes with a SH3135 which has been confirmed in many forums to be a Yuki...  The 16610 ln (black insert) is supposed to be released in a couple months...

So, If you're interests lie in the 5-digit Sub - I would suggest checking out the JF 16610 Sub.  Unless you get a TC via M2M - you could be waiting a long while.  ☺

• Like 1

I was actually thinking about getting another 16610. I sold my old mbw a while ago. I saw the JF on Andrews site and it looked good but I wondered why it was $408. The BP 16610 is a bit less but looks good also. I wonder what movement that would have. Are the normal Asian 3135 not very good yet? I'd prob prefer a nice real Swiss movement if available. It's not like I'm going to be opening it and looking at the movement all the time anyways.  I've been out of touch in the watch world for a few years so I don't know much about the current Asian 3135 movements but it seems like the Yuki is the one to look for. I might get the JF and swap in a black insert. I like the maxi dial markers. 

Dizz

Everyone discusses the Submariner with date.

What about the Submariner without date?

Submariner 114060LN SA3130 or SH3130 from JF  VS Noob V7

Are they essentially the same as the 116610 but different movement without the cyclops?

Same faults?

• 1 month later...