When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob SubC mini review.

irolexu

I immediately pulled the trigger on the latest sub offering from noob when it came out due to having gen parts parked in my parts bin waiting to attach themselves to something worthy of a franken project. Finally I am confident this is the watch for it. 

QC: I would have rejected this one for the dial alone. It was not aligned to the rehaut and the date was on top of the window. They said it was the only one they could get unless I waited until after CNY... No thanks send it anyways it's for a super franken project regardless.

Unboxing: when I got the watch I have to say for me the first thing that catches my eye is always the SEL fitment. I have to say this is by far the best SEL fitment that can happen on a rep because in my opinion the SEL is on par to gen. There is no room for improvement as it is just perfectly flush. 

Dial. This is the only thing that bugs me on this watch as a OOTB rep. The dial is slightly inaccurate in its own ways and it came very dusty from factory. The dial feet seem to be ever so slightly positioned to the right causing my dial to not align with the calendar wheel nor the rehaut engraving. 

Rehaut: This is pretty scary. The rehaut engraving is pretty much perfect. It is done in the same fashion Rolex has done before with double line inscriptions. Rolex also does it in a single line inscription as well. 

Crown guards: I've noticed some people have mentioned they look a little funny or concerning and I must say they do in the photos but not in person. They look very close to gen when it's in your hands which is good news. The flare of the crown guards are very nice and even. 

Crown: Operates very smoothly and does not flush to the case which is very gen like. The crown looks and feels very gen. I do not see reason to replace as of now but most likely will down the road.

Crystal: Eh.. Get a gen if you can but if not it's not bad. The AR is better for sure and in certain lighting you get that nice "black hole" effect and in other lighting the blue hue is very loud. The LEC is ever so slightly louder than a gen and not quite as nice as a gen under a loupe. 

SEL fitment: Perfect. That's all I have for that part.

Bracelet: The finish of this bracelet is very gen like as well as the screws found on the removable links. They operate with ease and do not bind up like on my V5. My only major complaint is the operation of the glide lock clasp. My v5 operates very fluid like and snaps in nice and firm. The clasp on my V6s seems to adjust very roughly and not very smooth. Maybe some oiling will fix this. 

SA3135: I can't say too much about this movement yet as the watch is so new to me. It keeps very good time and seems to hold power as it should. Hands go clock wise when rotating the crown clock wise. Date changes very nice and smooth and right at 12. Will it last a long time? Only time will tell. :p

My plan is to install the parts pictured below. I will post pics after its done! 

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stockwatch said:

What's rehunt/ar/sel?

Sent from using Tapatalk

rehaut = the metal part that seems to join the "crystal" border downwards to the dial. It says ""Rolex \ / Rolex ...."

ar = antireflex (coating)

sel = solid end link (the fitment between the case/lugs to the bracelet end links