When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HE FILES A CLAIM WITH PAYPAL THEN ASK ME TO FIX HIS WATCH!!! WHAT THE HELL

mymanmatt

A few months back, a person I sold a watch to filed a claim with pp that he bought a gen rolex and I sent him a fake. Today he sends me an email that he bought it from a member on rwg  and it needed some work. The name sounded familar but I had not put 2 and 2 together. Then he sent me a pic of the back side of the case, and it had an 18K stamped on it. I asked if he was sure I built it, because I always remove the 18K. He said maybe It was because it had a president's bracelet.  BINGO  Went back through my emails, sure enough it was him. cock sucker!!!! The email he used to contact me is       nedimredzovic1990@gmail.com   Maybe you guys can give him a piece of your mind too.

No, that wouldn't work either. If he sent it to me, it probably be an empty box, and would then claim I stole it. If I did accept it for repairs he would say he sent a gen and I sent him a fake. Then would file another claim with pp for the repair cost and fraud and put my pp in danger again. Hard to win with these guys unless you do nothing. Funny thing is, if he had started out telling me the truth and he was sorry for the trouble he caused, I would have fixed his watch for him. He bought it almost 2 years ago. Filed a claim 5 mos later, and only now says it has a problem. One lie after another

8 minutes ago, mymanmatt said:

No, that wouldn't work either. If he sent it to me, it probably be an empty box, and would then claim I stole it. If I did accept it for repairs he would say he sent a gen and I sent him a fake. Then would file another claim with pp for the repair cost and fraud and put my pp in danger again. Hard to win with these guys unless you do nothing. Funny thing is, if he had started out telling me the truth and he was sorry for the trouble he caused, I would have fixed his watch for him. He bought it almost 2 years ago. Filed a claim 5 mos later, and only now says it has a problem. One lie after another

I'd have him send it for appraisal without him paying anything. Then slice the bottom of the box open and refill it with a dog turd or something. Next video yourself carefully opening it and to your surprise it's not there. Let him prove to the post office that he sent you a watch. There's always more than one way to skin a cat. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike on a bike said:

Guys if you look here I investigated this when it happened and yes he was banned   

I'm reading through thinking "why do people behave this way" and finally I get to this at the end and I feel a little better. I notice a lot of sellers are only accepting PayPal gift which I presume is exactly so scumbags can't pull stunts like this. Though I would have hoped PayPal could quickly establish that the payment sent could not have bought a genuine Rolex at market value. 

I don't sell, but I do increasingly buy and I'm being very careful not to mess people about, to pay promptly and to buy from members with good reputations, that way I hope in time to build a good reputation for myself. 

You should try and contact paypal to see if they will reverse their decision now that you have proof that he lied in his claim to them.  I have a friend who sells stuff on ebay all the time.  He had a guy buy a product and claim it never came. Paypal refunded the customer.  5 months later my friend was cruising ebay and found the exact product for sale. He contacted Paypal, showed them all the proof and got his money back.  Your situation is not much different.

Good luck.

He withdrew the claim 2 days after he filed it. Paypal gave him the option to return it and I agreed. I think it was because I said if he would return the watch I would refund him. Im sure he was going to send an empty box. No refund from an empty box

Sorry to hear Matt, its the likes of that [censored] I created a blacklist to protect myself, which is full of all those who have slandered me, or wasted my time, whenever I receive a pm, or email from any of the usernames, or emails on my blacklist, I have great pleasure completely ignoring them period!! :)

Your first impulse with someone who has caused you grief in the past is to "get even" which is what several members advocated above. Various methods, but all are fraught with possibilities that could come back and bite you in the ass. The best way to handle folks like this is to either ignore them or send them and email simply stating that you are booked up and there is no possibility that you could work on their watch. Then if he emails you again, ignore them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2