When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wedding Watch

BigStew

Hi All

I'm looking for some advice and a point in the right direction if possible, I am due to get married and would love to be pictured on the big day with a Rolex Batman, Pepsi GMT or 2015 SUB

I've taken some time to read through the forum but I'm a tad lost on where to purchase any of the above, I'm also very cautious I purchase something that's going to stick out in the pictures for all the wrong reasons.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

This is what I wore on my wedding day, albeit with a black strap to match the tux... I always and immediately favor dress watches over sport for such an occasion. If a genuine Zenith is out of question there are some fantastic rep's out there of IWC, Patek, JLC, etc that will do quite nicely. Also, you could spend similar money to a rep and get a genuine dress Tissot or Hamilton that won't stick out like a sore thumb. 

Just my two cents & congratulations :)

zenith-wristie.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 508-Fanatic said:

This is what I wore on my wedding day, albeit with a black strap to match the tux... I always and immediately favor dress watches over sport for such an occasion. If a genuine Zenith is out of question there are some fantastic rep's out there of IWC, Patek, JLC, etc that will do quite nicely. Also, you could spend similar money to a rep and get a genuine dress Tissot or Hamilton that won't stick out like a sore thumb. 

Just my two cents & congratulations :)

I agree with 508 about wearing a dress watch. I would probably be wearing my great grandfathers Omega De Ville, but if I were to choose a rep it would be a Patek for sure.

It's your day. Wear what makes you happy, be it a sub, a Tissot or a Graham Chronofighter. 

When I got married I wore an old Seiko because it was sentimental to me. TBH no one is going to be looking at your watch. 

• Like 1

Wear whatever makes you happy, I would have to agree with 508 that dress watches are more fitting but it really depends on the dress code and the like. The watches you've listed could definitely stand out with more formal dress and could run into problems with fitting under the shirt cuff and the Batman or pepsi are both quite colourful. Personally I would go with a dress watch or me being the weirdo I am will probably wear my family pocket watch.

• Like 1

Imo if you don't own a super franken that really makes you happy and you've grown fond of over time, I'd rather get a genuine Tissot, Longines or Hamilton dress watch. They are fairly affordable, great quality and do look great with a suit. I wore a Seiko Spirit SARB033 at my wedding. While it's not the most exciting watch out there, I just couldn't justify spending 4-5k on a Grand Seiko, Rolex or something similar right before my wedding. 

• Like 1

Thank you very much for all your wonderful responses, I never really thought about a dress style watch however that is an excellent idea. The budget I have set my self is £250 and the only reason I was goading for a sports watch was because its what I normally purchase.

if I wanted to purchase a Noob where would I do this?

if you has to suggest some dress watches in my budget what would they be?

I'm and old guy and pretty traditional, so take what I say with the proverbial "grain of salt"! If your wedding is formal, your bride is in a long white wedding dress, you and your groomsmen in Tuxedos, I would definitely opt for one of the above thinner dress watches. If you are getting married in a non formal ceremony, then pretty much what you wear and the location will dictate your choice. If you are wearing a dark suit and tie, probably a dress watch, or a less obtrusive sports watch, something that will fit easily under your cuff. If your getting married in jeans and a Polo shirt, or casual beach wear on a beach at sunset, pretty much anything you want to strap on your wrist is fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk