When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Montblanc Timewalker automatic repair...

eeee40

Well, I suppose that's one way to find out just how much you don't know. I was that guy once. Of course I was about 11 at the time....;)

I have been there too.

And (massive error) asked for help over a gen fora. On a 21j bad rep bought in Instambul...

Then I found this place :)

I have been there too.

And (massive error) asked for help over a gen fora. On a 21j bad rep bought in Instambul...

Then I found this place

Ouch. So how hard DID they kick you over that one? :fool:

They treated me well, all considering.

I never opened a movement before and clearly I hadn't ANY clue on how to deal with it. And the experienced watch technicians there treated me like a fool that tried to do something I shouldn't have tried from the beginning.

Then after I got good amount of tools, read some watchmaker book and practice a lot... And thanks to the reps (all mine) with various issues on which whichI practiced, I became quite good with them :)

Latest error has been posting there the complete overhaul of a rep IWC chrono with a 7750. Of course I declared it was a rep and clearly wrote that I wouldn't have learned what I did if it wasn't for them. But some idiot (probably one of those that goes to Breit AD even for changing the battery of their quartz) started to scream (it was an Italian fora) things like "Oh my god! FFFAAAAAAKKKEEEEEEE! Fake watch and fake horologist!!!!" and behaving like a [censored] and I promised my self NEVER AGAIN.

I have seen them sucking their dicks each other but not about horologist knowledge. Just doing it in a race to show off who is the richest asshat. Idiots.

I see a lot of that kind of stuff on some of the "gen" forums GenTLe, a select few who purport to know everything, treat others with contempt, and generally turn people off to the hobby. On one particular forum I was answering questions in the watchmaking section trying to be helpful (I've got 26 years experience in watch repair) and was quite frankly contradicted in almost every post by a couple of asshats who want to be the center of attention and the ONLY source of advice. And a lot of their advice was pretty questionable to start with. People like that are on every type of forum I guess. I showed one up for the moron he was and all of a sudden they started leaving me alone although they still pick on others. I'm fairly new to the rep game, I've only been fiddling with them for a little over a year. But it's an enjoyable hobby just like my gens are an enjoyable hobby. Just for different reasons....;).