When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ref. A/6538 - 6540

djulink

Hi Gents !

For those of you interested in 50'Subs and their evolution, here are few shots borrowed from P. STAHL Instagram, about one of his recent acquisition : a beautiful military version of our beloved Ref. 6538.
Take a look to that bezel, "prototype-lly" made to be even easier turning around in deep water missions for the MOD divers. Big crown, "german silver" Bezel and Red Depth dial...

Unknown-2.thumb.jpeg.129136607b6f5a20650

Unknown-1.jpeg.f90f6c8371a35ce7ce1112f91

Unknown.thumb.jpeg.17efa616284548ac1e7f4

Cheers!

There were two flavors of bezel for the A/6538, the two piece and the solid "German Silver". The photo above is from Mike Woods on TZ-UK several years ago:

http://rwg.cc/index.php?/topic/126119-A-very-rare-mil-sub-indeed

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?144861-My-new-1957-Rolex-MilSub-a-big-crown-quot-James-Bond-quot-A-6538

On 18-2-2016 at 10:25 PM, pam007 said:

omg how dare you question Stahl. :nono:

I know it's sarcasm ;)

He's finding all those great grail watches,  like the Pan am Daytona,  the white albino explorer,  one of a kind A 6538..... Back in the days (not so long ago)  he had a watch shop in Holland,  Steiner!

The all known Vintage Guru sold milsubs with Omega sword hands,   so called fake Comex watches he bought on the bay for nothing and sold them for 10.000€,  etc... 

You can read a lot more about him on the Dutch fora. 

I have a nice story from my personal experience with him. Avoid the vintage Guru/puppet player! 

If you knew! I need to sit down for a few days and finish what's on my bench.... 6536/1, 2x6538, 6538A, 6541, 6542, 6239, 2x6263, 2x1665, 1680... And to top it off, just finished a 6152/1 that was 10 years on hold!

I even explored my options of making a DRSD bezel mold and fill it with silver ;)

Dreaming of these 369 dials and subs as well, stunning:)

On the other topic, just yesterday was surprised to discover robertmaronwatches is a follower of tonnywatches.

Edited by Nightwatch

• 4 months later...