When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mild Franken TC LV V6, with a few tweaks..... PIC HEAVY

944black

I picked this up in January on another forum M2M from the ever helpful @Mapman57 .

The watch arrived and was exactly as described - perfect - new, not a mark on it.

Well, that was the problem really - I have posted this on another forum too, but would like some feedback as to what you guys think of it, as I've been a (very) long time lurker here, and can now finally get involved a bit.

Anyway, the LV came with a gen service crystal with LEC, and a gen crown and tube from @Mapman57so most of the hard work was done.

It certainly wasn't a cheap watch, but we had a good deal and I part exchanged a gen LN insert with Mapman57, who couldn't have possibly been any more helpful.

I couldn't help but think it looked "too new" so much so, it really bothered me !

I set about "ageing" it to look like something that had been on my wrist through thick and thin for ten years. This was done with very light scratching to the clasp, bracelet, side of case and some tiny tiny ones on the insert.

These scratches are hardly noticable whilst wearing on the wrist, but look a bit extreme on macro shots !

After the "ageing" I then set about sorting the sharp edges of the TC case, using a lot of careful sanding and polishing to get some even soft chamfers. A light polishing with autosol metal polish was then applied to give the watch the look of one that's been out in the wild for a while, with a couple of visits for service - well I hope it does, as that's the look I was after.

The bezel was also polished to a high shine using autosol metal polish, along with the sides of the case, and the new case chamfers. The bracelet only had a very light polish with the autosol, as I didn't want to have to rebrush the grain into the bracelet

I think this type of casework really transforms this TC - don't get me wrong, TC does great work but with a little bit of hard work, and careful technique, you can really soften the hard edged case.

I still need to soften the bracelet, but I'm done for now....

Enjoy the pics, whether you love it or hate it :-)

IMG_20160217_131120.jpg

IMG_20160217_131201.jpg

IMG_20160217_131215.jpg

IMG_20160217_131319.jpg