When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is My Journey Over? Birth Year Grail Piece Finally Acquired

droptopman

Do you have a pic from straight above the dial? I'd like to see the distance between the writing at the bottom and the inside wall of the watch, that's often a tale. The chapter ring index on top do seem a bit short, but that could very well just be a perspective issue. Not trying to scare you mate, just looking out for you! Most likely all is good, but a bit of early paranoia is better than a late face palm.

Which photo? I have studied a lot of these Bart dials.

I don't have my set up here but I do have my olli clip.

8645a0f3841543fdc8007360b3aaaa30.jpg

e965a62feb05f16837ea207cf9ba75bd.jpg

e00e59cf8fea56fed37e90e3fe2d6147.jpg

69c0646be6d76b851b41c07981e00c2b.jpg

Sorry those are crappy pics and are worthless.  I am still at work.  I will shoot some good ones this weekend.  The N lines up like all the Barts HQ has sold.  Looking through a loop it looks good to me and looks like these on HQ.  http://www.hqmilton.com/search/results/search&keywords=1966+bart/

OR this thread http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=376415

Check the links and see what you see.  Maybe I am missing something here.  

May  I ask a question? Do the missing parts on the lume and the stains on the hands not scream ''water has leaked in!''? I am just asking, I am no watch expert.

What watch are you looking at. There are no stains or missing parts on the Lume. The watch is 50 years old. The hands have some natural corrosion. I had several people evaluate this piece that I trust. I have looked a hundreds of references of 66 5513's over the past couple of years.

Oh [censored]. Now I got you. Thanks DB.

Dang it Bob I was in my office with a loupe and high Rez pics from all over the world. Along with re reading a bunch of articles. I went letter by letter through that dial and she is perfect.

Well I guess I did learn more about the reference.

:tu: well done! We're all about learning details here. She's a beauty, mate... enjoy her! Sorry for the heartburn... :g:

You had me my friend. I was actually getting [censored]. Then the noob piled on and that really chapped me. I contacted all the experts I know. Thank God for DBane. He talked me off the ledge....

Lol, I am laughing now.

• Like 1

Damn. I posted a comment about droptoman watch then said about reps in TRF.

I could have sworn i was commenting on rwg.

Damn tappatalk.

Backpaddling fast at TRF. Guess my time there is done.

Sent from my SM-N9100 using Tapatalk

I saw that. You would have been ok but someone quoted you. Not a lot of action in the vintage area outside the usual suspects so hope it goes unnoticed.

Yes. I asked the member to delete the quote. He deleted it. Phew.

Great watch mate. Need a gilt in my collection.

Just bought a 1675 pcg with a service dial. Now looking for a gmt gilt dial to complete the watch.

Sent from my SM-N9100 using Tapatalk

Awesome congrats. That guy is pretty cool, glad he deleted it. That thread is insane. I will keep my eyes out for a gilt dial.

Ah well, welcome to the "Banned from TRF" club. No real loss, actually.

I wonder how many over there would spot a misspelled "Submariner"? It's far too easy to see what you want to see, not what's really there.

1 hour ago, droptopman said:

Lol, I can't stop laughing....now

Man you got me goodemoji1591.pngemoji1591.png

I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.  When we post up something we've really worked a long time for, sometimes someone will make a post about it that makes you proud of your piece, and really sticks in your mind as a "I DID IT!" moment.  I hope this was it for you... you waited a long time for this and you're rightfully proud of a seriously gorgeous example of your Grail.  :tu: