When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cool Mystery 9315 from eBay

UmpaHimself

I think I found a pretty cool bracelet on eBay in my search for something decent but moderately priced. I found this bracelet on eBay that piqued my interest. It was labeled as an aftermarket replacement bracelet from ETX. The last link and endlinks are stamped ETX where thy typical Rolex references would be. This confused me a bit but the clasp looked to me like it was obviously authentic Rolex even though the seller had marked the whole bracelet as aftermarket. After coming back to the sale a few times it was tempting. The sides were brushed and the endlinks looked exactly like 580s minus the stamp. I could see that he had listed the bracelet at $150 OBO, so I said screw it and offered him $100, he went for it.

So it arrived yesterday and I think I scored something pretty sweet. The links and endlinks are definitely aftermarket, but very heavy and very smooth with nice smooth edges. Lightyears ahead of any rep bracelet.  And the clasp, to me looks gen. I don't see why a company who bothered to brand their links ETX would then make a replica clasp and it is definitely not like any rep clasp I have. It is fairly aged and rebrushed to the point where the coronet has lost some of its definition, but I think it's cool and matches the age of the watch. For $100 I'm not complaining, it's only about $25 more then Yuki and the clasp alone is worth probably $150 if it is gen.

I did have to borrow the divers extension and one link from my cartel bracelet as it was a touch too small and the divers extension that came with the ETX links was again not branded. That further makes me think the clasp is gen. Anyway, here are some pics. Tell me what you guys think.

7vDaFxX.jpg

tJjok1t.jpg

7YGIk5H.jpg

YppE8kT.jpg

fhZRjsX.jpg

frb8Vr4.jpg

The bracelet looks good!

The clasp blade that connects to the clasp cap is not original so you might change it out with a signed part for a better look. The cut down end of the clasp blade should be a little less than 8mm, the slot on the other blade is approximately 8mm, and the blades are about 15.5mm wide. If the tab on the clasp blade that fits into the slot on the other blade is worn down to much less than 7.5mm or so, the fit might be loose but still Ok.

The connecting pin should be loose in the blade tab and tight in the slotted blade. You can pinch the ends of the cap fork to tighten the ends and it is better not to make any crimping marks at all on it like the slotted blade now shows. Brass lined pliers are good for this.

Example of brass lined pliers...eBay item number  190672634204

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StoneP said:

Hahaha! I guess it was you that grabbed it! The clasp looks Gen to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

;)

7 hours ago, automatico said:

The bracelet looks good!

The clasp blade that connects to the clasp cap is not original so you might change it out with a signed part for a better look. The cut down end of the clasp blade should be a little less than 8mm, the slot on the other blade is approximately 8mm, and the blades are about 15.5mm wide. If the tab on the clasp blade that fits into the slot on the other blade is worn down to much less than 7.5mm or so, the fit might be loose but still Ok.

The connecting pin should be loose in the blade tab and tight in the slotted blade. You can pinch the ends of the cap fork to tighten the ends and it is better not to make any crimping marks at all on it like the slotted blade now shows. Brass lined pliers are good for this.

Example of brass lined pliers...eBay item number  190672634204

I see what you're talking about. Most likely they removed it to fit on the replacement bracelet. Eh, I'm cool with it. I don't want to have to refit the bracelet to the signed blade. Thanks for the info though.