When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who can do this????

naturopath

2 hours ago, naturopath said:

Looking for someone to do this to a date just or explorer:

258f5a6582d9962e73d38b8f90413e6f.jpg

0dcbed5f61b0a870060647647b713ee6.jpg

4d21a82638df5ea77644c6c3bea0a59d.jpg

37c7df65ec47f92768844462f9d91bf4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Google Kindler & Thorpe.

I think this watch was done by them.

The cost of engraving is multiples of the cost of the object engraved. The intricacy of the engraving, the type metal, the layout all help to determine the price. When you are having intricate scrollwork cut into small hard to reach areas, i can assure you the cost will be high!! Especially since the material is Stainless steel which is pretty hard and more difficult to cut. Another thing, there is no margin of error! If you make a miscut, usually it can't be hidden and the object goes in the trash.All of the nice engraving you see with Western belt buckles, bits, spurs, etc. are silver or gold which are much softer and easier to engrave.

As and aside I saw a post by Angus (Puretime) over on RWI today with a photo of a really nicely engraved AP stainless steel diver. Just wondering if reps are going to start turning up in engraved models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you want a Datejust, similar to this, Ryan on Intime have a similar DJ already done whit engravings for 198$ plus shipping for 2813 and 268$ plus shipping for eta clone 2824, here the link and some pictures, is also avaible in pvd version but the SS look great for me :)

SS one:

http://www.intime.co/rollie/2232-datejust-engraved-ss-case-black-dial-on-brown-leather-strap.html

datejust-engraved-ss-case-black-dial-on-

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
I like it!!! A lot!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like it too Matt. I'm a lover of all things western. I have a pretty good collection of engraved buckles, knives, money clips etc. an engraved watch would fit in very nicely.

I went InTime's website and the available dials were only in black, red and yellow! Might pick up one of these and have you work your magic with a gen DJ dial.

That does it. I'm getting one done for myself.  You guys will hate this idea.  118239, diamond lugs, center diamond bracelet, diamond bezel, everything smooth engraved. I'm going to see if he can engrave a gen diamond dial. OMG  

• Like 1

That does it. I'm getting one done for myself.  You guys will hate this idea.  118239, diamond lugs, center diamond bracelet, diamond bezel, everything smooth engraved. I'm going to see if he can engrave a gen diamond dial. OMG  

Go ahead, when you need some parts hard to find,let me know.

Ray

• Like 1

Check this guy out http://www.watchesbynick.com

It might be worth shooting him an email. I don't think he does bracelets, nor does he do the exact designs you reference above, but his stuff is pretty amazing IMO.

I really love his double wheat bezel. It's intricate, and a refreshing change from the typical chevron bezel.

C5AE5F67-7AF4-4BD3-93D1-811BBC7C0B31_zps7jojl6wp.jpg

You can tell him, watch me. The reason is that is some other way.

df601a10d0c99e8d844a09053d53f921.jpgf831eb5adcd7afbbd0c3a3bd877ae689.jpg4708287c2bc3ef5b4f3a88088d38cb9a.jpgd6e6bcc12863e02a71b078dc7f1394c4.jpg176c24e9c76c999e7433a387697998c0.jpg

• Like 2

I always thought a DJ or OP would look awesome on a sterling/turquoise old pawn watch cuff. And these engraved DJs would be perfect for something like that. Definitely not for everybody, but I've always thought they were a really cool piece of Western/Native Americana

F004AA37-F6D7-453A-94AB-B5A61B0D6425_zps

Very nice work. I believe the problem with the engraved DJ's from the TD, is the case is probably not really engraved, but stamped. Not sure how they could do this without distorting the case though. I do like the work shown above. Looks really, really nice.

Very nice work. I believe the problem with the engraved DJ's from the TD, is the case is probably not really engraved, but stamped. Not sure how they could do this without distorting the case though. I do like the work shown above. Looks really, really nice.

The problem are the price and time,

before that I never try to talk with the foreign people like right now what I am doing here. The international sales just tell me what kind of items they want,the amount of the items and the price they can share to me, by my part the factory side need to do the ton of items every day. I have no time to think what's your guys really want,because even right now the order never stop and my factory still need to do the work like "7/11store" ,if my family do not plan live in U.S. and I need to practice writing English.

There are some photo for the hand made work, I just have 30 people do this kind of thing, everyone have their own room to do their jobs.

The photo someone show form "intime watch" from my factory,no hand made just use laser machine, from nothing to 5000 items finish, just need a week.

But do you know how long need to finish a hand made one? and this part for factory Until now I get nothing earn form that part,because the international sales try their best to down my price. so I have to get some other same kind order like cigar knife.

94ad30ea3224c2dbe8ab365c92741ac9.jpg70b9e42af7a4ece14dfe9ea9c1e02a9f.jpg7fcbb9b08a854bb47345b61937f43111.jpgb94e096a4dd901712a70c5d9db205722.jpg

• Like 3