When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Remove MBW Crystal

UmpaHimself

Hey guys!

I'm sorry but I have been searching the various fora and not finding an answer. I'm trying to replace the T27 on my MBW with a Clark T39. I was able to remove the crystal retaining ring but the crystal would't come out just by pulling. So then I removed the movement and tried to apply pressure from inside with my thumbs but not a single budge. Tried to pry it up from the sides but couldn't get anything underneath it. What else can I try?

1 hour ago, dbane883 said:

Use a Stanley box cutter blade and gently tap it under the crystal. It should work.

1fee98c8311af2831796d8fd2868cfff.jpg

Otherwise u can gently heat the case with a soldering iron. Most likely the crystal was glued into place.

Ok I'll try it. Thanks!

13 hours ago, Nanuq said:

DAYUM that is sexy!  Are you sure that's a T39 and not a T19?  :Jumpy:

I'm 90% sure it's the 39 but I did buy both and tried both so it's hard to say at this point :lol: 

Edit: actually I just double checked and it is the T19. I guess the T39 was too wide for the bezel retaining ring and the bezel insert. Not sure what the spec of that one is but it's kind of useless and I spent a lot more on that then the T19.