When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seiko

zbig

I would expect that the price point between the rep and genuine are too close to make them economically feasible. Possibly some of the Grand Seiko models, but still doubtful.

Remember to no matter what we say or think here on a rep forum,most reps are sold because the purchaser wants to wear and expensive watch with name impact. To the vast majority of folks, a Seiko is a Seiko, so the 150.00 USD models are lumped right in with the 3k USD models. So pretty limited appeal unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen fake Seikos before. There were some out there 20 or 25  years ago that were VERY bad. I don't know where they were coming from but they had crappy dials, crappy cases, and 1 jewel movements. Like the previous poster said, there's probably just not enough economic incentive for anybody to make them these days, but it has been done.

Unless it were a special limited edition  (like the expensive-ish limited edition Seiko Sumos, first only available in certain countries) or a GS (i would buy a Marine Master rep if done good) there wouldn't be much sense in repping Seiko

Ah Fluffy welcome back!

I genuinely wish to see you reintegrated into the forum and your presence is once again a pleasure (for now)sir!

Message crafted while riding a leathery juvenile T-Rex and charging toward the horizon.

On 2016-03-16 at 10:11 PM, panerai153 said:

I would expect that the price point between the rep and genuine are too close to make them economically feasible. Possibly some of the Grand Seiko models, but still doubtful.

You are correct sir.

But remember that Armani watches are being repped.

Panerai said it spot on - Seikos are still considered a pretty standard Japanese watch with no real luxury appeal to the broader public.

I have definitely seen replica Seikos before. For example, I'm not sure if its still available but Silix was selling rep Seikos:

http://www.silix-prime.so/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_275&products_id=3422

He also had some divers but for the price, you may as well buy the genuine piece.