When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

***** BIG FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT *****

Nanuq

Friends, Romans, Countrymen ... WIS far and wide, lend me your ears.  It is time to add some new RWG Staff Members!  :tu:

We've had a long series of discussions in the Smoking Lounge (at least until the single malt and fine cigars ran out) and many names were suggested.  We battled and whittled down the list until the names of a few fine upstanding members remained.  These are fine blokes, good solid members, the ones who always seem to be here, lending a hand, welcoming noobs, answering for the 1,000th time "Who has the best Sub?" and conveying the culture of good old RWG.  I'm honored to walk beside these good men.

Please join me in giving a hearty welcome to the new RWG Moderators....

AstonJenks

DenimHead

Legend

Nikki6

Panerai153

:tu:  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:   WELCOME ABOARD GENTS!  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:

• Like 2

Thank you @Nanuqand @Mike on a bike and associates for the opportunity to serve and work with you on this beloved forum. 

The way I see it, most members here are mature and sensible, and practice a fair amount of self-moderation, while some crew, like @Nanuqand @Mike on a bike, like to turn my genuine "call for help" or serious topic threads into lurid pictorial ones. :lol: :partytime:

But seriously, I am heartened and honored to be in the new batch of guys added to the crew, and I see that the others are all my betters in terms of knowledge, competency, seniority or temperament. I can only learn and play catch up. It is a heartfelt honor to be serving among the very best of RWG.

The spirit of RWG is one based on friendship, knowledge, camaraderie and yes watches. Over the years, the bonding between members have gotten only stronger, and the knowledge level deeper and more eclectic. You do not see members being pounded or ousted from the boards over trivial matters, and the powers that be here have always governed with fairness, gentleness and firmness. The strength and authority of the RWG crew often manifest more in judicious decisions made in kindness and compassion rather than as shows of senseless power. That, IMHO, wins over more people than the alpha ape pounding his chest in front of his troop. 

I shall align myself with the values of the forum even more, and serve all members with dignity, fairness and most of all, kindness. 

Thank you Bob, Mike, RWG crew and good members of RWG for the chance to work with you all.      

• Like 1

Thank you fellows for the trust that you have shown to all of us "new guys".

Like Legend so eloquently stated , this is probably the easiest of the forums to moderate. I say that primarily because for the most part the members here have a great sense of community, and treat each other with courtesy and respect.

As i have stated to both nanug and Mike on a bike, the things that are of the most importance to me are honesty and civility. Because we operate in an anonomous world for the most part, everything is based on trust. I trust you to describe the watch you have for sale in the sales forum as honestly and completely as you can. I trust that you will deliver the same watch to your buyer, and not sell it ten times on several forums and run with the money. And it goes beyond sales, it is reflected in your everyday interactions with others. The second area is civility. Again, because we live in this computerized anonomous society, it sometimes becomes easy to say things that you would never say to a person in a face to face conversation. While this may make one feel "empowered, and superior" in the end, nothing good is gained. So esentially my feelings are that there is nothing wrong with spirited conversations, and disagreements as long as they do not deteriorate to character assassinations. The big reason that I feel this way is probably related to my experiences on other forums. Those that have the "wild west, anything goes" attitude, and seem to thrive on threads that rapidly deteriorate into name calling and shouting matches certainly have their followers, but i would bet that they run off more serious enthusiasts than they attract. When you fail to attract serious new members, you eventually find yourself with a dwindling membership and eventually a dead forum. Over the ten years that I have been here, there have been hundreds of good guys who were very active, but for whatever reason found other interests and eventually became inactive. To keep the forum alive and thriving, we have to have enthusiastic new members to take the place of those who have dropped out, as well as add new ideas and knowledge. Remember folks, that new guy asking questions was you a few months or years ago!!

Thank you again, and my greatest hope is that i can make a positive contribution to RWG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

it's is great to have you guys aboard, just remember the VB in the staff fridge is mine ok

Ken

Whatever happened to the famous newcomer's welcome Ken?

Message crafted while riding a leathery juvenile T-Rex and charging toward the horizon.

The scotch is in the top drawer of Nanuqs desk....but I didn't tell you that ok

Oh no, the secret is out! Quick hide the single malt!

(glug glug glug glug...)