When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any source for 231 novodiac in EU?

GenTLe

I am having hard time to get some of the Novodiac spring 231 (1.7mm used in the 2801.2, 2824, 2836, 2842 etc).

This thing here:

NovodiacAbsorberClose-up_zpsfddb4be1.jpg

Anyone knows a source around EU, other than cousinsuk where they are not available, and those online shops that sell only to professionals?

I have a couple of base plate with missing and I'd like to have them complete.

Thanks, Gentle.

Thanks all Guys.

Micky isn't Boley one of those that sell only to professionals?

iain-d thanks for the offer: I will try to get one from commercial sources. Failing that I will eventually knock at your door ;)

Thanks CJ too, I didn't know about that site :)

This is off the subject a bit but I have had the best luck r/r Novodiac shock springs with a hollow punch with the hole tapered like a funnel on the inside from a standard staking set, mine is a Kendrick & Davis (K&D). Select a punch that is slightly smaller than the jewel setting and gently turn the spring to the openings by turning the punch by hand. This works better than any high priced tool you can find...but you have to find the correct punch.

The punch I use is about 1.4/1.5mm at the tip. You can sand the tip down if needed by chucking the punch in a drill to spin it. They sell for about $1 or $2 each on eBay, watch shows etc or a repair guy may have an extra one they will sell.

I do not know what sizes these are but here is what they look like except these do not have tapered (funneled) holes...eBay item number:  191834675111

Here is what my staking set looks like, a friend gave it to me:  eBay item number:  371580372242  This one is only $750.  (!!)

Btw, Otto Frei has the springs for $2.45USD if you know anyone in the USA who might get them for you. I do not have an account with them.     http://www.tztoolshop.com/page94.html      Buy 12 and get them for almost half price.

This is off the subject a bit but I have had the best luck r/r Novodiac shock springs with a hollow punch with the hole tapered like a funnel on the inside from a standard staking set, mine is a Kendrick & Davis (K&D). Select a punch that is slightly smaller than the jewel setting and gently turn the spring to the openings by turning the punch by hand. This works better than any high priced tool you can find...but you have to find the correct punch.

The punch I use is about 1.4/1.5mm at the tip. You can sand the tip down if needed by chucking the punch in a drill to spin it. They sell for about $1 or $2 each on eBay, watch shows etc or a repair guy may have an extra one they will sell.

I do not know what sizes these are but here is what they look like except these do not have tapered (funneled) holes...eBay item number:  191834675111

Here is what my staking set looks like, a friend gave it to me:  eBay item number:  371580372242  This one is only $750.  (!!)

Btw, Otto Frei has the springs for $2.45USD if you know anyone in the USA who might get them for you. I do not have an account with them.     http://www.tztoolshop.com/page94.html      Buy 12 and get them for almost half price.

Thanks Automatico, I already built my tool :)

http://rwg.cc/index.php?/topic/183168-Swiss-Novodiac-DIY-insertion-tool