When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega seamaster 2220.80.00

iain-d

Thought I would share few photos of the watch that got me into watches . I have been sourcing the parts for this for a while . 

Most all gen apart from case ( rep smp ceramic )

2500c movement 

gen hands 

dial /crown  H valve etc .

just need gen case back to finish 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Very nicely done. It was the Bond Seamasters that got me interested in high end watches. Oddly though I've never owned a blue Bond Seamaster. 

Did swapping the crystal for GEN allow the fitment of GEN bezel?

I have a franken SMP with a SMPC case and the stock rep bezel... couldnt fit the gen bezel and I have a gen crystal laying around... 

Did swapping the crystal for GEN allow the fitment of GEN bezel?

I have a franken SMP with a SMPC case and the stock rep bezel... couldnt fit the gen bezel and I have a gen crystal laying around... 

Crystal has nothing to do with bezel fitting on these other than being thicker than a older type. Fitting a gen 2531.80/2220.80 crystal will flush the glass and older bezel/insert if that is what you are referring too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Update 

after a week on the wrist the watch is running -1sec .

Am waiting a few weeks to let the movement settle in as this is my first 2500c serviced movement .

I Managed to get gen case back . 

With the gen bezel it just clicked straight on the crystal doesn't play a part of holding the bezel on . 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I think it could be the crystal gasket rather than the crystal itself that is causing the crystal to sit too high. 

I've been reading up on one of my projects: a PO bezel on a Seamaster Pro case. Some (gens) need a PO gasket to get the height right. I did have a rep 2254 Seamaster with a PO crystal and that sat high - like yours. I never dismantled it though so can't say for sure if it was the gasket or the crystal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I can't help you with that one. Although there are people who use the ceramic Seamaster mid case for frankens so it work. Don't forget, these are reps and there are several factories making them so you may find a combination that will work.