When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which tools for general watch work... ?

jcsbomber

I'm relatively new here, so I apologize if this isn't the place to ask this...   I would love to get the groups opinion on a good "kit" (or just collection of essentials) to start working on watches.   Can someone guide me on which brand / model of tools to look at (and possible which to stay away from)?

I have several Rolex and Panerai reps now and a few have issues.  I want to be able to take the caseback off, movement out, and do basic work on the watches.   

I appreciate your time!  

• Like 1

A kit of 0.8-2mm screwdrivers (AF brand for example), one or 2 good tweezers (Vetus 11&13), rodico paste, hands levers, hands setters, sticky ball for case back, dial protector, spring bar remover, moebius oils (9010, hp-1300 at very least), movement holder, degreaser, denineralized water, lubeta v105 if you plan to wash the reversing wheels... And a basic timegrapher to regulate them.

• 3 weeks later...

Good questions, I was looking around to get some basic tooling myself also. +1 for the topic poster.

My I add to the original question, where to get those tools best?

Most ideal would be a rolex starterkit toolset. 
Personally I need one for the daydate and datejust to do some basic assembly and dissambly.
Ideal for my personally from an european online store.

Some complete set to kickstart ( but not the top notch quality ofcourse ) is what im now looking at: 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LB1-High-Performance-New-Watch-Repair-Tool-Kit-for-Rolex-Oyster-Perpetual-Cos-/322054449396

BUT I need reference on what type of rolexes this is applicable for ( the baseback opener tool that is ) 
also with a plastic squeeze ball seems to work fine, anyone experience with that?

Edited by jorrie