When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW new website?

candide2424

Not much information but it looks like it's in the UK. I tried to go through the checkout process and when I put in the address info, etc. It asked for region/state the drop  down box only showed counties in the UK, not the states. I couldn't progress any further so couldn't see what the options were for delivery, payments etc.

I would be very wary of this one. From the looks of the offerings, it looks like some of the DW parts, but who knows. He was buying his stock from someone, possibly another entity has the same source. And then again, it could be DW "back from the dead" a third or fourth time!!

3 minutes ago, champagne-communist said:

Doesent he owe a lot of members money?

Yes he did leave some members hanging last time. Folks paid for watches and parts that were never delivered. IF it's him, I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole. Problem is there are lots and lots of new folks around that don't have any idea about DW or his past history. Those are the members I worry about, as they are blissfully unaware of the past problems, they will order and some will get their stuff, but if history serves us, at some point, he will take the money and run!!

1 hour ago, panerai153 said:

Not much information but it looks like it's in the UK. I tried to go through the checkout process and when I put in the address info, etc. It asked for region/state the drop  down box only showed counties in the UK, not the states. I couldn't progress any further so couldn't see what the options were for delivery, payments etc.

I would be very wary of this one. From the looks of the offerings, it looks like some of the DW parts, but who knows. He was buying his stock from someone, possibly another entity has the same source. And then again, it could be DW "back from the dead" a third or fourth time!!

Yes he did leave some members hanging last time. Folks paid for watches and parts that were never delivered. IF it's him, I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole. Problem is there are lots and lots of new folks around that don't have any idea about DW or his past history. Those are the members I worry about, as they are blissfully unaware of the past problems, they will order and some will get their stuff, but if history serves us, at some point, he will take the money and run!!

The domain is registered in China btw. 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!!! Take the advice of the board, be very, very careful. If this is DW, he may or may not own up to actually being the DW that took some folks here for a ride. Remember this guy is skilled, he has been around for a long time and he knows what to say

If this is the real DW, he has been around multiple times. His "modus operati" is the same. He is responsive, delivers and has good stuff. Problem is all this rocks along for a while and then he disappears, usually with a trail of unhappy customers who never got their goods.

Another thing, when dealing with a non-trusted dealer and especially one that had a bad reputation, you are on your own. The moderators are not going to be inclined to get into your deal, should it go south.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk