When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Rolex 16610 LV with Miyota 9015

denimhead

I have a watch with a 9015 and it is reasonably quiet. I guess no louder than a clone 28XX. 

I can only assume that it might be better to use a gen 9015 than a clone 28XX. It all depends on where the movement are assembled, but in principle if they come from Japan assembled and are dropped into the case in a half-clean place, they might give better performance than a clone movement. It should go without saying that the 9015 blows away any 21J (which IIRC is a clone of the Miyota 8215). 

Edited by Revere

48 minutes ago, Revere said:

I have a watch with a 9015 and it is reasonably quiet. I guess no louder than a clone 28XX. 

I can only assume that it might be better to use a gen 9015 than a clone 28XX. It all depends on where the movement are assembled, but in principle if they come from Japan assembled and are dropped into the case in a half-clean place, they might give better performance than a clone movement. It should go without saying that the 9015 blows away any 21J (which IIRC is a clone of the Miyota 8215). 

Hi Revere, whats the deal with the hand adjustment? same rotation as eta2836 of the same as gen 3135?

They were referred to as a BP case over on another forum, so it's not gen-like construction, but with the 9015 they should make an excellent beater. And it's priced at half of a TC.

Bezel insert is older style with the flat 4 in 40, but the crown guards look good and if the lume is good, it would be nice.

11 hours ago, alligoat said:

They were referred to as a BP case over on another forum, so it's not gen-like construction, but with the 9015 they should make an excellent beater. And it's priced at half of a TC.

Bezel insert is older style with the flat 4 in 40, but the crown guards look good and if the lume is good, it would be nice.

Thanks for that Info Ally, information like that really helps the members on here without the expertise in these models

Is there any Proof that the construction is Not gen-like? I have bought a LV from PF years ago and its Not gen construction but i cant remember if it was advertised as gen construction like the actual models...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any Proof that the construction is Not gen-like? I have bought a LV from PF years ago and its Not gen construction but i cant remember if it was advertised as gen construction like the actual models...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes a member on one of the forums stripped one down and it was very clearly not gen spec built!

movement's great.

watch itself, not so much. Bezel teeth actually look terrible and looks like a bottom ratchet one, date disc is printed too large, exterior CGs are cut too thin, SEL fitment is horrible, is that a solid link bracelet? usual low crown position, insert green is wrong again, crystal height is too low.

TC's is worth twice the price of this.

it's no coincidence it was added to perfect clones on April 1st