When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Very happy with the latest Deep Blue...

projectologist

Shipped on Sat., arrived on Tues... gotta love DHL's service!

Fit and finish has come a long way since the first Deepseas hit the rep market.  This one will probably get OEM hands, dw, crown and possibly inner AR.

Also a Yuki movement with the requisite service and OEM upgrades... stay tuned.  The dial I can live with,... for now ;)  the dial finish is improved too.

dblue002.jpg

dblue001.jpg

dblue003.jpg

• Like 1

"Beware of the clasp, mine broke very easily."

I call them 'Breakaway' clasps. I had one break first time out and have a modern Exp I with the hinge made in this fashion and afraid to wear it. They should make the hinge mounts and blade in one piece. Iirc rwc had to eat a bunch of them along with ceramic bezel inserts for the first few years. Maybe still eating them. 

Not much of a way to laser weld them together because it would have to be welded outside the contact area and would leave an 'unsightly' bead. That is probably why they solder them together.

As for genuine stuff...I ran out of $$ before rolex 'went modern' and stayed with vintage. I guess there is a lot to be said for sheet metal clasps and aluminum inserts.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

the latest deepsea blue clasp look like this .the latest clasp for noob v6s they are using now glossy finished laser etching rolex marker on D1J clasp instead of the 2VU sandblasted rolex marker clasp . latest genuine deepsea have this minor change on the clasp so noob also.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

On April 7, 2016 at 7:53 PM, projectologist said:

Shipped on Sat., arrived on Tues... gotta love DHL's service!

Fit and finish has come a long way since the first Deepseas hit the rep market.  This one will probably get OEM hands, dw, crown and possibly inner AR.

Also a Yuki movement with the requisite service and OEM upgrades... stay tuned.  The dial I can live with,... for now ;)  the dial finish is improved too.

dblue002.jpg

dblue001.jpg

dblue003.jpg

may i please ask where did you bought it from and where are you located?

i want to buy one but need and overnight shipping to Miami

I'm curious with this as I've also just got a v6s and the main thing I've struggled with is how reflective the crystal is, of all my watches I've never had one which is as annoying as this. 

Maybe I'm too used to the AR on my Nav?

intrigued to know your opinions on it

image.jpeg

Hi I have a GMT with a clasp break in exactly the same place, this could be repaired with the right solder and hot enough torch.

I did think the clasp was spot welded 

any thoughts on this Officianados