When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD Blue Dial V6S NOOB QC Pictures

WeenFiend

PIC HEAVY!!!!

Fellas, these are some of the QC pics I received from Tony Chen. I am new so not sure exactly what to look for but it looks like the crown isnt seating correctly and also the pearl isnt centered. Is it just me?

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0085.JPG

DSC_0084.JPG

DSC_0083.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

Edited by WeenFiend
Add pics

Yeah I requested another. Noob is supposably releasing a new batch in 5 to 10 days. Looks like ill be waiting even longer! It really sucks because I need this watch in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I requested another. Noob is supposably releasing a new batch in 5 to 10 days. Looks like ill be waiting even longer! It really sucks because I need this watch in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best to wait and be patient. If you get a good one, you will be a happy camper and enjoy the watch. A bad one will always be bad, and you will always lament the fact that you didn't wait.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tango258 said:

where can i buy the best of the best of 1:1 of this exact watch?

The best is from Rolex, everything else is a compromise to a greater or lesser extent. Do you want to buy it and wear it or are you interested in modding it to improve it? While Rolex like most expensive watches are luxury goods and the price reflects it, it is unrealistic to expect a USD300 watch to be exactly the same as a USD8000 watch. It is truly amazing how good many of the reps are, but some things you either live with or this hobby is not for you.

The best is from Rolex, everything else is a compromise to a greater or lesser extent. Do you want to buy it and wear it or are you interested in modding it to improve it? While Rolex like most expensive watches are luxury goods and the price reflects it, it is unrealistic to expect a USD300 watch to be exactly the same as a USD8000 watch. It is truly amazing how good many of the reps are, but some things you either live with or this hobby is not for you.

I plan on Modding

All the dealers seem to have the V6s at the moment. As has often been said the ETA clones 2824 or 2836 are best for out of the box reliability. The S3135 is probably best seen as a placement holder for a serviced Yuki 3135 or a genuine 3135. The movement is notoriously unreliable, but makes fitting either of the above very straight forward, the important dimensions are the same. Stem height is correct and I believe the hands can be reused too.

I'm not sure finding a genuine dial would be easy at the moment, but I'm happy enough with the one it comes with. Not perfect, but really very good.