When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just got a speedmaster

Salvatore

Hey guys I'm more of a rolex, panerai guy... but u just bought this moon speedmaster from Andrew at trustytime. The service from Andrew was amazing! Watch got to me in less than a week!

I'm just curious do any of you guys know what gen this rep is based on?

Did a little research and can't find any gen models with the subdials spread out like this?

f8ee22e08a65ee3172b2b53c8c6fc8cc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

b3065b2ef6c962e546f73d7d526280b9.jpg

• Like 1

That is the problem and the biggest tell with the Speedmaster Pro - the subdial spacing. Due to the movement the subdials are spaced too far apart. There is a Speedmaster reduced which is an auto rather than manual wind that has closer subdial spacing but the whole watch is smaller than the professional. Just enjoy it for what it is - a nice looking watch in its own right. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It is a Speedmaster Professional, aka a moonwatch - because it is the only watch to have been worn on the moon. (Officially)! 

Sure it's a speedy  :)

After a month of usage, are you happy with it ? 

I was just wondering which particular movement (automatic, manual winding) and size it is.

From the picture it seems that you got the one with sapphire (the plexi, hexalite-like is a dome). 

I was just asking because I really enjoyed how it looks. If you don't mind mentioning the size of your wrist, it would also be helpful.

Thanks!

Edited by tomtom06

It is a Speedmaster Professional, aka a moonwatch - because it is the only watch to have been worn on the moon.

Not true, one of the astronauts took a backup and wore it on the moon because allegedly the crystal in his Speedy fell out. I'm calling bs on the crystal. I bet Bulouva paid him an assload of money to get their watch out there and because it was not nasa issue, he needed an excuse. (I think it was Bulouva but I could be off just google it)

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, surgcmdr1 said:

Nasal moon landing is a hoax

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

That gets right up my nose ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There were a bunch of watches worn on the moon. The speedy was the first however. Many astronauts carried their own personal Rolex's as they preferred them over the speedmaster's.

A well documented fact...more than a few Rolexes have been out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm more of a rolex, panerai guy... but u just bought this moon speedmaster from Andrew at trustytime. The service from Andrew was amazing! Watch got to me in less than a week!

I'm just curious do any of you guys know what gen this rep is based on?

Did a little research and can't find any gen models with the subdials spread out like this?

f8ee22e08a65ee3172b2b53c8c6fc8cc.jpg

b3065b2ef6c962e546f73d7d526280b9.jpg

Here is my recently purchased 2016 gen .001 model with hesalite on a croco strap. Note the subdial spacing differences and tachymetre bezel font and tick thickness and spacing vs. your rep. Technical reference: http://www.omegawatches.com/watches/speedmaster/moonwatch/professional-chronograph-42-mm/31133423001001/

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1