When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Bentley GT/dial color?

rionrlty

This watch has been a favorite of mine since the first time I laid eyes on it.  When the latest 1/1 generation was released I was very excited.  To be hones I buy most of my watches on resale and rarely buy from TDs, but I've made an exception in this case and recently ordered one.  I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but my favorite dial color is the green one.  The QC pic I just received has served to emphasize a possible problem with the red "Certified Chronometer" script on the dial, located above the lower sub-dial.

I suspect these are all made in the same factory because on every TD site I've visited the red script looks blurry and indistinct as in the picture below, which is a special close up QC picture of the watch I ordered after I registered my concerns.  My gut instinct tells me this may be a product of the photo or lighting, but I'm afraid to commit based on what I've seen in pics so far.

If anyone out there has taken delivery on one of these can you please respond and let me know if my concerns are justified.

IMG_7121.JPG

You got it R.  Trouble is if I can't find out for sure I may switch to the blue sunburst dial, which apparently doesn't have the red script.  It seems that the green and a blue color come with the pebbly surface on the dial like this, white sub-dials and have the red script.  There is another color of blue with sunburst texture, white sub-dials and without the red script.  Then there are the ones with the cross-hatch design that have sub-dials matched to the dial color.  Intime has them for $328 right now, but they don't have all the colors the other TDs do.

Thanks for the heads up genTLe.  That's a great buy, but they are the 49mm version and just to large for my puny wrist.  The one I'm interested in is the 45mm version with day/date.  Again, thanks for taking the trouble.

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion and just approved the QC pics.  They did send a better picture, but it still looked blurry.  I think it must be some weird color shift thing with the camera.  I can't wait to try it on mine and see if I get the same effect.  It might be worthy of a write up on the Breitling Forum.  It's good to hear from you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the gen of this watch some years ago. For the record I was clueless and would never have spotted a rep in a hundred years. 

if you like it buy it and wear it. If your worried about small tells its time to go franken. 

Just my 2 pence worth :-))

• Like 1