When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replacing DateJust (16234) glass with cyclops, procedure and required tools?

jorrie

Need to replace the glass from my 16234 datejust build by mymanmatt.
Haven't asked him personally for advice since he can supply a replacement part.

The only questions are 

1) How to replace it

2) What tools are required.
From my resource Ill be needing a "bench press" to press the glass inside the casket slowly.
Also this would require removing the fluted bezel with sharp knife, tool and lift it from the glass and the casket. 
Then the saphier glass would come "free" although I have no idea how one would remove it.

Hope someone can provide some instructions / guidance and  a list of tools required.
I think it will also need a carefull cleaning and plan to remove the backcase to so all the glass can be removed from the watch.

I know the official rolexes would need a full service afterwards this, but since there is no original clock inside I plan to just carefully remove all the glass parts,
then re-assemly the watch again carefully. Want to take the steps required well educated so I can enjoy the watch again since its just amazing piece of art.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you I found some info and ordered 2 clark replacement glasses. Going to use a plastic tube with tape for carefull pressure the glass back in with a regular workbench hooe that works out okay. Not making some mistakes like wetting the glass.

i could not get the glass of my datejust so now is the idea to get the backcase off which also failed with a bought watch ball for backcases. 

My idea is to carefully get the watch out then breaking the glass and hopefully be able to remove the fluted bezel then.

Hooe that will work out and the glass wil match. I have informed before i bought. Coudent get contact eith matt so inthoight trying to resolve this myself.

Will post some pictures as follow up in case in future someone wants to do it themself

• 1 month later...