When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question regarding yuki 5513 dials

sputim

Since I want to build a 5513 based on a cartel case with a yuki dial I want to ask the experts which of both dials is more accurate (font, indices, spacing etc.). I am either going with the dial with the eta dial feet or the one with the rlx movement feet. So I would highly appreciate if an expert could chime in. I have no problem with clipping the dial feet so I don't care whether they are located for an eta movement or not.

No. 1 for rlx movement - ft first

https://yukiwatch.ecwid.com/#!/Rolex-Submariner-5513-white-lume-Matt-dial/p/59975517/category=6702269

No. 2 for eta movement - meters first

https://yukiwatch.ecwid.com/#!/Rolex-submariner-5513-dial-white-lume-for-ETA-movement/p/35196164/category=6702300

Cheers

• Like 1

The HR 5513 dial is in my opinion a better option than the Yuki dial. It's cheaper, has eta dial feet, and the fonts look better to my eye, especially the S in Submariner which has always been a flaw in Yuki's Rolex and Tudor Submariner dials.

Thanks for your information. Where to get HR dials?

The HR 5513 dial is in my opinion a better option than the Yuki dial. It's cheaper, has eta dial feet, and the fonts look better to my eye, especially the S in Submariner which has always been a flaw in Yuki's Rolex and Tudor Submariner dials.

Which hands are better - the Helenarou hands or the Yuki hands that come matched with the Yuki dial? Or can you keep the stock cartel hands? Once you add in the cost of a new handset, doesn't that make the Yuki and Helenarou similar in price?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, tomhorn said:

I would go with TC's hands.

Would those be the "16610 Hands Set V2" option or something else? I've seen TC's hands recommended for 5513 builds while trying to learn about the flat vs rounded choice for different eras of Sub hands.

Edited by Serenity

On 2016-04-26 at 1:03 PM, Mendota Explorer said:

Which hands are better - the Helenarou hands or the Yuki hands that come matched with the Yuki dial? Or can you keep the stock cartel hands? Once you add in the cost of a new handset, doesn't that make the Yuki and Helenarou similar in price?

Suppose you could keep the Cartel hands if you wanted. TC hands are the best. Clarks hands are a reasonable compromise. The only downfall being seconds hand. What I would do is use the Clark hour and minute hands and the Cartel seconds hand.

So a good recipe for 5513 could be Cartel case, Helenarou dial, either TC hands or Clark hour/minute with Cartel seconds, Athaya 702, and call it a day. Is the case back acceptable? I've read so many differing opinions that I'm not sure.

Oh, and I'm assuming this is all for ETA clone and not for the 21j version.

• Like 1

Question for you guys - after reading the sales thread with the "lost but now discovered" vault of mbw offerings, which would serve as a better base for a 5513 - one of those mbw or the new cartel? Are the stock mbw crystal, dial and hands ok or do they need to be replaced like these Cartel ones do? The two would be neck and neck price wise if you could use all of the stock components.

" "Since I want to build a 5513 based on a cartel case with a yuki dial I want to ask the experts which of both dials is more accurate (font, indices, spacing etc.)."

I posted this before but I'll put it up again...the last pair of 1680 dials I got from Yuki a year or so back had lettering that looked like it was printed with stripes rather than solid lines. Do not know about their 5513 dials.

Sort of like this:   ////////////////////////////////////////////      You had to look at the letters under 7x or 10x to see it but it was there. It made the letters look like they had a grain instead of being a solid line. I do not know if this was just done on a few dials or the beginning of a trend as I have not ordered anything since then. Anyone with a newer Yuki dial take a close look and see if it is printed like that.

"Question for you guys - after reading the sales thread with the "lost but now discovered" vault of mbw offerings, which would serve as a better base for a 5513 - one of those mbw or the new cartel? Are the stock mbw crystal, dial and hands ok or do they need to be replaced like these Cartel ones do? The two would be neck and neck price wise if you could use all of the stock components."

Be sure to read up on MBK cases if you plan to put a '5512/13' together using a genuine movement. Using an Eta 2846 is much easier when making an MBK 5512/13.

Cartel cases are a LOT less $$.

• Like 1

The new cartel case is very good and a little cg shaving and lug hole drilling makes it even better and is a very cheap option. I can vouch fot clark hands but instead of spending that much for a cwp crystal buy the ofrei t-19 from g-s it is simply amazing and when I compared to a gen one I didn't see a difference in clarity at all!

• Like 1