When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling Daytona Experts: Dial for 6265

autlnd

Which PN Daytona looks better (in your opinion) for my 6265?

I recently bought a great V72 6265 from another member and I am looking to swap dials for a Newman.

On the left, an old DW with gen coronet. (Note: dial feet must be cut to fit a V72 so there is an added level of difficulty).

On the right, a Tonny (Singapore) V72 dial.

Opinions?

32eaf0e122dbac5f9ea99bce8d7d075d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Additional photos.....

Will the dial on the left even fit a V72? Feet look too short...

06c537a9da3a18f75dc77ff7d9a32989.jpg

15e65921adcb0b979b9f40eefd0dbbec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not liking the Tony Rolex crown very much.  We all have a tendency to blow pictures up and see tiny details, but even shrunk to something like life size it seems blobby and not distinct. Yet looking at a real dial online, the way the oyster and cosmograph are spaced seems better on the Tony dial.

10 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

I'm not liking the Tony Rolex crown very much.  We all have a tendency to blow pictures up and see tiny details, but even shrunk to something like life size it seems blobby and not distinct. Yet looking at a real dial online, the way the oyster and cosmograph are spaced seems better on the Tony dial.

that is EXACTLY what I was thinking.... perhaps I can get my local watchsmith to swap coronets before I send it off to phong to complete...

If you look at gen PN. I think the DW subdials are too far off from the edge, ie too much white spacing compared to gen.

In saying that the dial on the right, marker at 12 looks a bit wonky. It will also be great to see some macro shots of the subdials on the right to establish the quality of the print on top of the centric circles.

11 minutes ago, autlnd said:

I don't think he has a website, but his email is tonnynguyen94@gmail.com

Sometimes he lists on eBay, but I don't think he has anything there at the moment. He is easy to find on Instagram.as tonnywatches

5 hours ago, Revere said:

if something could be done about the 12" marker that would be even nicer.

Markers on most aftermarket dials are barely attached as they are, so they are often very easy to remove, realign & reattach with a better adhesive/cement. Just be careful not to splash the adhesive onto the dial. If you do, your only option may be replacement.

4 hours ago, azbank said:

Enjoy it! Consider slightly aging the dial and hands as a final step, when all is in place for your liking. 5dab315a595bed06f1c899f4cb6efe1f.jpg

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

Wow looks great! I will be sure and share once I get it back. Probably a couple of weeks. Cannot wait!

11 hours ago, azbank said:

Enjoy it! Consider slightly aging the dial and hands as a final step, when all is in place for your liking. 5dab315a595bed06f1c899f4cb6efe1f.jpg

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

I'm the odd one out because I normally prefer the none Newman dials, but I'm liking that a lot.

I would take Tony's dial and replace the Coronet with the genuine one. Overall it is a better dial except for the Coronet. Here is mine with V72.  I am yet to change the coronet on it and minute indices. It takes time, so do it in stages, see what you like and what needs the improvement. 

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 12.32.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 12.43.33 AM.png

IMG_3093.jpg

I am slowly transforming it into this. 

B8B08E0B-12A4-4CDB-8ABC-B8658226CD20.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...