When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FGD dial

Ozerov

Good time friends!

I have one question: FGD dials are no longer available for sale?

I had been looking for his project dial 002/009 (a \ b), but it is too rarely on the Market.

the old FGD dials was made with simple making procedures, not with OEM Technology.

very thin aluminum sheet and without unitas feet and coated with pvd process.

filled with non lume material, mostly paint.

additional ordered a thin brass under plate with unitas feet,

the upper plate had to be glued on the under plate, which had not 100 percent an accurate position.

the indexe position was also not in perfect 12 hour position.

the old FGD dials have never the quality and accuracy in all details of the rolli dials.

regards

rolli

For many, the deciding factor was the price of the construction. I love and respect all of your work, but afford the dial from Rolli can not everyone...

42 minutes ago, Ozerov said:

For many, the deciding factor was the price of the construction. I love and respect all of your work, but afford the dial from Rolli can not everyone...

read the specifications of the swiss oem making.

in switzerland is only these tehnology possible and only with a handful watch parts companies and dial maker.

you go to a dealer and buy a swiss watch, and never you think about why is this watch so expensive.

the answer is the swiss making.

and my dials are made complete in switzerland.

with all extra costs like tax ( VAT ) and several shipping costs.

swiss companies have the best and the most expensive machines.

and a working hour costs a lot.

think about it.

switzerland is only country with all the specials watch parts companies.

regards

R

I understand you, you're right. When you can buy the best you have a pocket full of money.
But very often people buy replica to save $$$. Of course Asian replica will never compare to the Swiss quality. Swiss parts and assembled on top. But if there is no money, then I am willing to put up with the shortcomings.

3 hours ago, Ozerov said:

I understand you, you're right. When you can buy the best you have a pocket full of money.
But very often people buy replica to save $$$. Of course Asian replica will never compare to the Swiss quality. Swiss parts and assembled on top. But if there is no money, then I am willing to put up with the shortcomings.

many many members installed the rolli dials and invest  a lot of money to have an eye catcher in their pams.

the name rolli dials is a bit wrong meaning, they are sitzeland made Oem technology dials.

it is a more than costly making, it start with the perfect made vector graphic, made by an engineer.

all components and steps are real high end and made by the best companies in switzerland.

it is a big difference between asia and the rolli dialssets.

monay makes no quality, it is also the knowledge for all the specific workings and results.

it is not a blind making.

regards

R

• Like 1

On May 6, 2016 at 11:06 AM, Dilligaf24824 said:

Why would anyone in their right mind buy a fake dial that cost the same as if you were to purchase the gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I struggle for a response to this statement

These are far from fake dials.  When considering a Rolli/FGD dial, it's best to not think in terms of Rep or Gen.  This is a Swiss/German made collaboration, hand made in the same shops that create Panerai and other high end dials.

I have held a genuine Pre-V dial valued at around $4000 right next to the Rolli/FGD dial and was floored at the realization that he does indeed use the exact same processes and methods to craft his dials: Bead Blasted brass plate, colored in an acid bath, not painted, lumed at RC Tritec, varnished with the same material as gen, etc... it's all true.  

If budget is your concern, stick with Chinese garbage. If owning a beautiful time piece is your desire.  Then sell a few reps and own a true hand crafted masterpiece on par or better than genuine Panerai dial. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I struggle for a response to this statement

These are far from fake dials.  When considering a Rolli/FGD dial, it's best to not think in terms of Rep or Gen.  This is a Swiss/German made collaboration, hand made in the same shops that create Panerai and other high end dials.

I have held a genuine Pre-V dial valued at around $4000 right next to the Rolli/FGD dial and was floored at the realization that he does indeed use the exact same processes and methods to craft his dials: Bead Blasted brass plate, colored in an acid bath, not painted, lumed at RC Tritec, varnished with the same material as gen, etc... it's all true.  

If budget is your concern, stick with Chinese garbage. If owning a beautiful time piece is your desire.  Then sell a few reps and own a true hand crafted masterpiece on par or better than genuine Panerai dial. 

Grim is right - the Rolli dials are quite impressive and made with the upmost attention to quality, detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have some decent 002/009 dials I have removed to install Roli dials.. when I get home Thursday ill have a look. I have quite a lot of dials I don't and wont use.

but like everyone has said above, rollis dials are amazing ! I have them in 5 or 6 watches in my case.