When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BP Sea Dweller 16600 Mods?

Mike_G

Expecting a new BP Sea Dweller 16600 tomorrow. Ordered it from Josh at Perfect Clones. I'm starting to second guess my decision to get the Swiss 2836 that's modified with slotted rotor and Rolex markings after reading some negative posts. But I cross that bridge when I get to it.

What mods are most popular in this watch?  Case reshaping? Crown? Hands? Bracelet? Bezel / insert? 

Mike,

There is a longish thread either here or,one of the other places. Seems general opinion is the dial is not bad, TC is maybe better, TC hands seem the way to go and a TC braclet, which was suprisingly affordable. It's we worth searching for the post. I think I'll be joining you in one of these before long.

Not bad. $100 for the TC dial and hands and $39 for the bracelet. I actually had one and sold it for $25 .....kicking myself now. If anyone knows the best source for bezel / insert and crown I'd be really interested to know. Seems I have read complaints about the tube. Maybe gen tube / crown or athaya?  Gen bezel  / insert? Yuki?  Stock?

Not bad. $100 for the TC dial and hands and $39 for the bracelet. I actually had one and sold it for $25 .....kicking myself now. If anyone knows the best source for bezel / insert and crown I'd be really interested to know. Seems I have read complaints about the tube. Maybe gen tube / crown or athaya?  Gen bezel  / insert? Yuki?  Stock?

Depndes on your budget or how much you whiling to spend on this build

The more genuine parts you put the more you get satisfied thats what I learned from franken builds

You might face some problem like drilling reshaping case for tube and crown

• 2 weeks later...

With the help from the guys here and on other forums I turned my BPSD into a franken 16660.

Gen Dial

Gen Insert

Gen Crown

TC Hands

ETA 2836

JMB drilled lug holes

Gen 93160 bracelet and clasp

I don't remember how much it all totaled up but it was less than $1000USD excluding the watch itself. 

With the help from the guys here and on other forums I turned my BPSD into a franken 16660.

Gen Dial

Gen Insert

Gen Crown

TC Hands

ETA 2836

JMB drilled lug holes

Gen 93160 bracelet and clasp

I don't remember how much it all totaled up but it was less than $1000USD excluding the watch itself.

Nice.. Any pics? Here is some pics of my current Franken in progress.

BP case drilled spring bars

Gen xtal

Gen bezel assembly

Gen insert

Gen crown

Gen dial

Gen hands

Gen date wheel

Gen 93160

Yuki movement

Almost complete!

8E182450-44C2-44B3-BD66-BC4977635302_zps7sceiq9t.jpg

39D5AE7B-F06C-4DC4-AAC8-796A701768CE_zpspswgiio7.png

E48BE4DE-D468-454B-ABD8-C86542A4626F_zpsl9gpopq2.jpg

CG next to my gen 14060m

3B6FCA35-36A8-4BA6-857A-81265F7139A5_zpsokcjvalm.jpg

• Like 1

The SSD V2 was one of my favourites of its time as it was the closest that I remember in terms of modifications.  It was also good value for money!!!  Too bad the modder no longer does this!!