When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BP SD16600 Arrived - Mini Review and Photos

Mike_G

It took less than a week to get here from China, it seemed like an eternity. I am a Rolex / rep noob so I don't claim to know much. All of what follows are my observations and impressions. Function wise the watch is keeping accurate time (after only 12 hours of wear mind you). The bezel moves well. Not too loose or too tight. The crown feels a bit gritty when screwing / unscrewing but otherwise does what it's supposed to. There seems to be a slight alignment issue with the date wheel. Some numbers seem too far left in the date window. The date changes instantly with no lag but does so a few minutes before midnight. Second hand has a smooth sweep. If I had to guess I'd say it moves at about 6 beats per second (I haven't tested this. Just uneducated guess). The bracelet feels sturdy. The clasp is a bit tight and can be difficult to open. The sides of the links are polished. The appearance (to my amateur eyes) looks authentic. I would not be able to tell it from a genuine model. I'd be surprised if we're called out by my friends and colleagues (none are Rolex enthusiasts). From what I have read a gen 16600 weighs in at about 149 grams. This one is very close at 144 grams. It has a nice heft to it. Over all I am very satisfied so far and have no immediate plans for mods. I ordered the watch from Josh at Perfect Clones. I opted for the "Swiss" ETA 2836. Transaction was smooth and shipping super fast.

Update: Appears to have gained about 10 secs in the last 72hrs. Good enough for me. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Sogeha said:

Congratulations Mike. Enjoy it. Are you still going to mod it?

Probably not. If the movement craps out at some point I may, but I'm pretty satisfied with it as is.

It would be nice if you really got a Swiss eta, but chances are it's an Asian 2836-2. And it should be beating at 8 bps- 28,800/hr. LOL, I ended up with an Asian 2836-2 that was beating at 6 bps- it would be good for a vintage Rolex build if I could get it serviced and up and running again.